Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-22-2008, 02:38 PM   #1
Oletros
Connoisseur
Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle NT
Changing lrf font size

I need to change the font size of some lrf files because it's too large for me.

I have converted them to lrs with lrf2lrs but now, how can I change the font size?
Oletros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:46 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Once a file is in LRF, the only font adjustment you've got available is the "Size" button on the Reader. However, unless you've changed it, it's probably already on the smallest setting ("S" -- the other two are, shockingly, "M" and "L" ).

Assuming that's the case, the only place you can change the overall size is before you make the LRF file in the first place. Hope that helps.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2008, 02:48 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can you tell us what eBooks have a font that is too large if any of them are here in the e-book section?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:50 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just change the value of the fontsize attribute wherever you see it in the LRS file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:50 PM   #5
Oletros
Connoisseur
Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Once a file is in LRF, the only font adjustment you've got available is the "Size" button on the Reader. However, unless you've changed it, it's probably already on the smallest setting ("S" -- the other two are, shockingly, "M" and "L" ).

Assuming that's the case, the only place you can change the overall size is before you make the LRF file in the first place. Hope that helps.
I know, but I have decompiled it to lrs format and I want to change in it and then convert to lrf

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can you tell us what eBooks have a font that is too large if any of them are here in the e-book section?
No, tehy aren't from this site
Advert
Old 02-22-2008, 02:52 PM   #6
Oletros
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Just change the value of the fontsize attribute wherever you see it in the LRS file.
This?

fontsize="99"

Do you know what it's the equivalent size to 8 points?

Thanks
Old 02-22-2008, 03:28 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The fontsize is specified in 10*pts

So 8pts would be 80
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:08 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Seeing that you do want 8 point, you'll find most if not all the eBooks here too large as well.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:18 PM   #9
Marinerrr
Marinerrr began at the beginning.

Device: [Newest to oldest] Sony PRS-505, iPhone (Stanza), Treo 90, Newton 2100
I've noticed that .lit files seem to convert to a larger than normal font size (when using the libprs500 convert function). This is true regardless of the "Base Font" size set in the "Look and Feel" option of the convert window. Maybe this is only true with the OSX version. I haven't tried converting .lit files with the Win or LINUX versions yet.

Kind regards,
Marinerrr
Marinerrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:36 PM   #10
revmike
Zealot
revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony Readers 505 \ T-2, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8
I recently downloaded a lit book and converted it to the sony format through libprs500 and being on the other side of 50, I like the way the fonts are bigger. I just looked at the book and noticed that I could use the small font instead of the medium.
revmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:56 PM   #11
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinerrr View Post
I've noticed that .lit files seem to convert to a larger than normal font size (when using the libprs500 convert function). This is true regardless of the "Base Font" size set in the "Look and Feel" option of the convert window. Maybe this is only true with the OSX version. I haven't tried converting .lit files with the Win or LINUX versions yet.
I've run into the same issue sometimes, and it's .lit file specific, not OS specific. I haven't taken the time to track down the problem, but something some files specify is throwing off libprs500's font-size rationalization algorithm. If the generated LRF's fonts are larger than you want you can work around it by specifying a lower base font size, and vice versa.
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:10 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

It's a problem in the CSS if there is a problem. But overall most LIT are fine. I use --base-font-size=10.