Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-25-2012, 10:33 PM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Thumbs up ChiZine CyberMonday 50% off selected e-books (~30+) [Sci-Fi/Fantasy & Horror]

ChiZine Publications, a well-regarded Canadian-run sf/fantasy/horror small press you may recall from that time they offered a free e-book earlier this year, has been holding their Black Friday anticipation Sale for the entire past week and a half, actually.

But I finally moved myself to post about it today, since Monday is the last day for it.

They are offering 50% off a large portion of their e-book catalogue (around 30+ titles), which is DRM-free MultiFormat for which you get an ePub/Mobi/PDF bundle, for final prices of $3.98-$4.98.

Their books include past and recent Aurora & Hugo & British Fantasy Award nominees/winners such as Lavie Tidhar and Carolyn Ives Gilman and Tim Lebbon and Douglas Smith (all four of whom have given us freebies over the past few months, I will remind you), and normally go for $8-10 as e-books directly from their store, and even more when bought via Amazon/elsewhere due to this distribution contract they have with HarperCollins which bumped the prices up to ~12-ish CAD, last I checked.

No coupon is required, the discount is automatic and shown in red on the eligible books in their catalogue page.

If there's anything you wanted to get from them, now is a really good time, since I've been tracking them all year in the hopes of a sale and this is the first they've had that wasn't for the paperbacks (for which they offer a free e-book version bundled in with the pb direct-purchase, by the way). I'm probably just going to dump everything but the freebie I got into my cart and go from there since I don't think I really can go all that wrong with this overall quality of stuff.

If you're interested in supporting a small publisher and like the genre/author selection they have, ChiZine also offers a year-long subscription to everything they publish for $100 for all the 15 e-books slated to be released in 2013 and you get the titles in advance of their print publications, which include even more Hugo/Stoker awardees (2012 bundle still available, but most of those titles are on sale in this sale for less than the amortized ~$6 per book that the bundle price works out to).
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
scottken
Addict
scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook color
Thanks for the heads-up on this. Just picked up three books I'd been wanting for a while at half-price.
scottken is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert