Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #1
Filo
Filo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Multi-conversion from * to EPUB always halts on last task.

Hello,

each time when I convert a lot of * files to EPUB's, the last task in quake is halting. Progress bar shows 100%, but description is "working ..." and working time is counting to never ends
Do You know how to solve above problem ?

Best, Filo.
Filo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo View Post
Hello,

each time when I convert a lot of * files to EPUB's, the last task in quake is halting. Progress bar shows 100%, but description is "working ..." and working time is counting to never ends
Do You know how to solve above problem ?

Best, Filo.
Working means Still Working
Some (worst case) conversions can run 24 hours
Until you get a Crash or error, it is still working.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #3
Filo

OK, but why when I break multi-conversion and lunch the same file alone, conversion takes only some minutes ?

Best, Filo.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:35 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo View Post
OK, but why when I break multi-conversion and lunch the same file alone, conversion takes only some minutes ?

Best, Filo.
Now that, I have no clue about.
This would be Guru territory
We will wait for Kovid's 2 cents
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm guessing you're using linux. Some linux systems have some subtle bug that affects IPC that causes this. No one has ever been able to track it down, so it has never been fixed.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2012, 01:26 PM   #6
Filo

Yes, I'm using Linux. So I have to like it like it is