Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 02-08-2012, 08:18 AM   #1
heySkippy
Groupie
heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Publishing output from iBook Author?

I would preface by admitting that I'm not a writer. Nonetheless, I love to play with new toys so I downloaded Apple's iBook Author software a couple weeks ago and started playing with it.

And now, much to my surprise, I have what I would describe as a coffee table picture book almost finished and it's pretty good. Everyone I've shown it to likes it and more importantly, I like it (and I'm a tough audience).

Even though it's not ready for prime-time yet, it will be soon and I want to put it on Apple's iBookstore when that time comes and charge a couple bucks for it. A few days ago I thought it would be as simple as clicking the Publish button in the software, but a couple hours reading last night disabused me of that notion.

If this was an ordinary book in an established format, my path would be fairly clear. Send a Word .doc to Smashwords or use one of the other aggregators. But this is a new format and none that I saw last night talk about it on their sites.

So I'm asking here for advice on how to get my book published. Any specific info or pointers where to look would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
So I'm asking here for advice on how to get my book published. Any specific info or pointers where to look would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Did you not read the EULA before you started producing your book? You are ONLY allowed to sell it via the iBookstore. You can give it away for free elsewhere, but iBookstore is the only place that you can sell it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
heySkippy
Groupie
heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Thanks Harry, I know all about that. Where else would I sell it? My question is how to get it published in the iBookstore. Do I need to jump through all the hoops myself or is there an aggregator who can handle the new format? Is there a preferred aggregator that you would recommend?
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sorry - I can't answer that. I thought you were asking if you could sell it elsewhere.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote