Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
bhowell
bhowell began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Calibre: can't add to iPad

I'm brand new to calibre and the iPad. I thought I was following directions correctly to put a Word document on the iPad:
  1. Save as web page in Word
  2. Add books in Calibre
  3. Convert books in Calibre
  4. Send to device in Calibre

When I click "Device" in Calibre, it says my documents (now books) are in the main memory, but I can't find them anywhere: not in iBooks (where I expected them) or anywhere else I can think to look. iTunes doesn't see them either.

What am I doing wrong?
bhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
richreads
Connoisseur
richreads began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch and Glo,
you need to sync your ipad to itunes - calibre places your book sinto itunes to be synced.
richreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhowell View Post
I'm brand new to calibre and the iPad. I thought I was following directions correctly to put a Word document on the iPad:
  1. Save as web page in Word
  2. Add books in Calibre
  3. Convert books in Calibre
  4. Send to device in Calibre

When I click "Device" in Calibre, it says my documents (now books) are in the main memory, but I can't find them anywhere: not in iBooks (where I expected them) or anywhere else I can think to look. iTunes doesn't see them either.

What am I doing wrong?
Calibre should not talk directly to iPad, It needs to be set up to talk to iTunes, which will do the iTalking
Go here ansd scroll down to the 'with USB cable' section http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq.html#id27
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #4
bhowell
bhowell began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Thank you, theducks and richreads

OK, I was oversimplifying, to say the least. Funny, though, it worked a couple times earlier in v0.8.36, when, I confess, I was just noodling around and guessing at how things worked.

Anyway, I get it now. iTunes does the talking. Thank you for your help.
bhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:11 AM   #5
nemesiz
nemesiz began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you... i was also having the same problem with my ipad and now its solved thanks to theducks and richreads.