Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-09-2011, 10:02 PM   #1
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
WebOS goes Open Source. Should I buy HP Touchpad for PDFs?

As WebOS code is being released to public openly, and also will be developed by HP side-by-side, I am thinking of buying a touchpad.

The sole work I have to do on it is read PDFs. Nothing else. Is PDF reading smooth enough like iPad? Will battery last at least 7 hours only while reading PDFs, all programs closed, WiFi off?
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:38 PM   #2
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Feel free to follow our mobileread discussion about webOs being open source here ;-)

Now, about your question, I would say yes. As a matter of fact, a new round of HP tablets (refurbished) will be online for sale on ebay, Dec 11.

I think is so cheap (and now we have a clear picture of webOs future) that won't hurt buying the tablet.

I've always said that 10" is an almost perfect size for PDFs. And the touchpad is a very cheap and decent alternative to any 10" Android device, or iPad (talking about PDF capabilities, of course)
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert