Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-05-2007, 10:21 AM   #1
kcchesnut
kcchesnut began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
PRS-505 driver not installing on Vista 32

i hooked it up to one Vista 32 computer, and it found the driver just fine.

now i'm trying to install a PRS-505 to a different Vista 32 computer ... but the driver is not installing.

1) already installed the Connect software from online. when i hook up the USB, it tries to find the driver on windows update but fails.
2) when it asks for the CD, that fails.
3) when i browse directories and point it to C:\Program Files\Sony\Reader\Data\drivers ... that fails.
4) when i manually browse to C:\Program Files\Sony\Reader\Data\drivers and right click on inf to install, it says "the inf you selected does not support that style of installation"

[i've restarted my computer multiple times now]

what else can i try?

Thanks,
casey
kcchesnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:10 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The PRS505 doesn't need a driver. It uses windows built in driver for USB mass storage devices.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2007, 01:13 PM   #3
kcchesnut
kcchesnut began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Thanks, i manually pointed it to the Microsoft-USB Mass Storage Device driver, and now it is working.
kcchesnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:03 AM   #4
watch
watch began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hi,
I have a similar problem.
When I connect the Sony PRS-505 to Windows Vista, it is recognized sometimes not always. I selected the driver that come with the library but it gives some message with a code(10). So I have plug and unplug several times for it to be recognized!. I tried it on Windows 7 beata on the same notebook and still not recognized and I cannot event access its memory from my computer.

I connected to Win XP and other Windows Vista Notebook and it is fine.

Any Help Will Be Appreciated.
watch is offline   Reply With Quote