Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-24-2011, 07:24 AM   #1
desulph
desulph began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
New to ipad/ebooks

Hi,
Ive just bought myself an ipad2 and want to use it to read ebooks. Ive installed kindle and ibooks. Ive got a dvd with lots of mobi files on but I cant get them to store in either reader. This is new stuff to me but Im quite technically minded. Is there a start up guide anywhere that I can look at to help me on my way. Ive just updated to the latest software.
Thanks
desulph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:15 AM   #2
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
Connect your iPad to your computer. Start iTunes (if it doesn't start on its own...). On the left side of the screen, click on your iPad (it may take a minute or so to appear). Once the screen changs to show your iPad, click the Apps button toward the top of the screen. The screen will change once again to show the apps in iTunes and on your iPad. Toward the bottom of the screen it will say File Sharing with two boxes below that. The box on the left will show apps on the iPad into which you can load files. Find and click on the Kindle app. The box on the right will now be called Kindle Documents. Click the Add button below the box and browse to your DVD to select the documents that you want to add to Kindle. The click the Sync button in the lower right of the screen.
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2011, 07:46 PM   #3
Debby
Connoisseur
Debby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Sony & ipad
Take a look at Calibre.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118558

Go ahead and install it but before you load your books google alf's apprentice for plugins to use to with Calibre to ensure you can read your books on any device.
Debby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:26 PM   #4
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debby View Post
Take a look at Calibre.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118558

Go ahead and install it but before you load your books google alf's apprentice for plugins to use to with Calibre to ensure you can read your books on any device.
I'd add that you can convert the files to ePub, then Transfer them into iTunes.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:36 PM   #5
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Don't limit yourself to Kindle or iBooks. Explore these forums for mentions of other readers. Checkout Bluefire Reader, Kobo, uBooks, Ebook Reader, nook, Google Books, eReader, GoodREader, and MegaReader apps for iPad. Some have more options than others. If you use Calibre (mentioned above) some will connect to all your books in the Calibre library. In other words, you can download books over wifi.

Out of the ones mentioned I highly suggest trying MegaReader and BlueFire.
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert