Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-17-2011, 01:58 PM   #1
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Sony PC Reader App for PC Bombs

I just received the new Sony PC Reader App for the PC and crashed when I tried to change fonts or page view.

Thus, I uninstalled it including the registry entry and the AppData entry.

I'm sticking with Sony Reader Library.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
Sonylistens
Sony Customer Service Rep
Sonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony Reader
 Hi Sirmaru,

My name is Pat and I work with the Sonylistens team. I'm sorry to read about your issue and want to help. Please send an email to SonyListens@am.sony.com including your name, address, product model and serial number, problem description and a phone number where you may be contacted. Please refer to Event ID# E52177172 in the subject line. Either I or another member of the SonyListens team will respond. Thanks in advance....
Sonylistens is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2011, 02:55 PM   #3
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonylistens View Post
 Hi Sirmaru,

My name is Pat and I work with the Sonylistens team. I'm sorry to read about your issue and want to help. Please send an email to SonyListens@am.sony.com including your name, address, product model and serial number, problem description and a phone number where you may be contacted. Please refer to Event ID# E52177172 in the subject line. Either I or another member of the SonyListens team will respond. Thanks in advance....
Since you 'listen', let me re-post my brief review of your... well, I'll call it software, although that's generous...

1) Frequent freezes. There does not seem to be a trigger. It freezes when adding books, when loading, when closing, when plugging in a device or when removing it. It froze when I was renaming books. It froze when adding books to collections. It just freezes. I tried it on two different PCs, both running Windows 7, both with the same, frequent, problems.

2) I can't get it to see external memory in my PRS900 or PRS950. If I plug in anything with an SD card or a memory stick, it freezes.

3) It seems to have tons of bugs related to periodical classification. I have imported the same files (old Wall Street Journal issues) multiple times - sometimes they all go under 'books', sometimes they all go under 'periodicals', sometimes they get split. I can't figure it out. By adding/removing/adding again I was able to eventually have most of the stuff show up under 'periodicals'. But some of the magazines I purchased are still under the wrong tab - and I have not been able to fix this. Note that the same files are correctly classified as 'periodicals' under the old software.

4) Some files just won't import. Again, stuff purchased through SONY's own store and that works perfectly with the old software. No error message, no feedback. The file simply does not appear in the library.

5) You can't display handwritten notes on screen like with the old software. Tools to export the same are broken. Old highlights/bookmarks are often missing as well.

6) Page sync works, but it's clumsy (it will sync progress only once you open the file on your pc and accept the sync option in a dialogue box). But I was not able to sync pages/highlights/annotations between my PRS950 and PRS350 by using the PC as a bridge.

7) Some of the purchased content, you just can't delete.

7) A frozen SYNC has forced already 4 factory resets by temporarily bricking my device.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote