Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-18-2011, 03:33 PM   #1
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Air3 & Palma, Scribe & Paperwhite, Eclipsa 2e, & Libra 2, Ipads
Kobo Wireless - How to set up SD card?

I just bought a Kobo Wirelss and have various SD cards of different sizes lying around. How do I put the ePub files on it for the Kobo to recognize it?

I know it's supposed to be able to take up to a 32 Gig SDHD card, but isn't there a limit to the number of files in the root directory?

I've read that it doesn't recognize folders on the SD card. Is that true?
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #2
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
How do I put the ePub files on it for the Kobo to recognize it?
Three methods:
1) use a file manager like Windows Explorer to drag and drop the EPUBs onto the SD card while the e-reader is connected to your computer.
2) use calibre, a free e-book management system.
3) use the card reader in your computer to transfer the EPUBs to the SD card.

Quote:
but isn't there a limit to the number of files in the root directory?
If the file system on the WiFi works like the Windows file system, the only limitation of the number of files that can be placed in the root directory is the total number of files that can be placed on the SD card.

Quote:
I've read that it doesn't recognize folders on the SD card. Is that true?
No, that is not true. The e-reader recognizes EPUBs organized into folders. What it does not do is show folders in the user interface. i.e. all of the books organized into folders would would appear in the Books area of your e-reader.

Last edited by Joe563; 08-18-2011 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Clarification
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2011, 04:28 PM   #3
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Air3 & Palma, Scribe & Paperwhite, Eclipsa 2e, & Libra 2, Ipads
Thanks Joe. This should save me a lot of time, so I can jump right in!
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote