Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-05-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
lesliesch
lesliesch began at the beginning.

Device: eDGe
Browsers not connecting

It has worked continuously up until yesterday (well, not really sure when it stopped working because I haven't tried to use it for a while) but now get the "web page not available" status for every site I try. It is connected to the internet because I can get into my dropbox and LAN. I also just installed Dolphin Browser to see if the problem was with the default browser, but that doesn't work either. Any ideas?

Thanks!
lesliesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:22 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
That's an odd one, Leslie! Did you try rebooting, maybe even resetting? Clear cache, clear data?? It sounds like the poor thing is having a brain malfunction and needs to clear its head somehow. Your LAN is not the internet, so there could be some problem with DNS (I think it's called) or some other problem connecting to your ISP.

Anybody know more about this stuff than I do? (Silly question -- of course you do! )
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2011, 06:40 AM   #3
lesliesch

I did all of the above and still nothing. My email works, like I said, Drop Box works and other programs that require the internet, but neither of the browsers work . It's not like I actually NEED them to work because I seldom use the PE for browsing, but, it just figures it happens a couple of days after there is no support.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:06 AM   #4
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Is your edge rooted?
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:08 AM   #5
lesliesch

I am going to say No, because I don't even really know what that means
Advert
Old 06-06-2011, 09:50 AM   #6
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliesch View Post
It has worked continuously up until yesterday (well, not really sure when it stopped working because I haven't tried to use it for a while) but now get the "web page not available" status for every site I try. It is connected to the internet because I can get into my dropbox and LAN. I also just installed Dolphin Browser to see if the problem was with the default browser, but that doesn't work either. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Are you using a HTTP proxy server? Try resetting your router because it could be blocking port 80 (HTTP) connections and allowing e-mail connections (SMTP- port 25 and POP3 - port 110). Dropbox more than likely uses the FTP ports (21 & 22).
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:01 PM   #7
lesliesch

Thank you so much obsessed2!! I guess I was goofing around in my HTTP proxy server a few days ago and forgot to change it back! It's working perfectly now! Thank you!
Old 06-06-2011, 08:22 PM   #8
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Whew!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #9
lesliesch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Whew!
My thoughts exactly!
Old 06-06-2011, 08:59 PM   #10
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Glad to hear you got it fixed.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote