Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-26-2011, 07:47 AM   #1
Patricia Ryan
Connoisseur
Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle, iPad
FREE ebook! P.B. Ryan's STILL LIFE WITH MURDER

STILL LIFE WITH MURDER, Book #1 of my Berkley historical mystery series, was a finalist for the Mary Higgins Clark Award and has held the #1 spot on Amazon's Historical Mystery Bestseller list; it's currently #3, with the other books in the series all in the top 13. STILL LIFE has 29 Amazon reader reviews, 20 of them 5-stars.

Mini-synopsis: In post-Civil War Boston, an Irish-born governess must try to clear her employer's son, an opium-addicted former battle surgeon, of a murder charge. Avail. from Amazon, Sony, Kobo, Diesel, Smashwords, etc.

STILL LIFE is regularly $3.99. I'm not sure how long this promotion will last (am I crazy like a fox, or just plain crazy?), so get it while it's FREE!

Pat
Patricia Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:09 AM   #2
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
I can thoroughly recommend this book, I loved it.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:38 AM   #3
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Thanks for making it free. I've been wanting to try your books, now I definitely will.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:23 PM   #4
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
thanks!
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:03 AM   #5
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre
Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony reader prs700, kobo
Hi,
I run open books, A website of drm free ebooks. I have made an author page for you at http://drmfree.calibre-ebook.com/by/author/pb-ryan

If you have the time please take a look at it and let me know if there are any errors. thanks.
Krittika Goyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:10 AM   #6
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Thanks for the chance to read your book for free. A perfect opportunity to gather another favourite author! Cheers
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:12 AM   #7
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Thank you! I've bought & loved several of your romances, but mystery is outside of my normal genres; I'd been working up to trying one of these. This could be the gateway book that pushes me into a new genre.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:47 AM   #8
Patricia Ryan
Connoisseur
Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!

Thanks, Krittika--the page looks perfect. I wish the books were DRM-free at Amazon, too, but back when I published them (10 months ago, which is like 10 years in e-publishing time), the issue was just not on my radar. I believe they're DRM-free at B&N, too, but they wouldn't let me make STILL LIFE free there. It's always something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krittika Goyal View Post
Hi,
I run open books, A website of drm free ebooks. I have made an author page for you at http://drmfree.calibre-ebook.com/by/author/pb-ryan

If you have the time please take a look at it and let me know if there are any errors. thanks.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:51 AM   #9
Patricia Ryan
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
Thank you! I've bought & loved several of your romances, but mystery is outside of my normal genres; I'd been working up to trying one of these. This could be the gateway book that pushes me into a new genre.
Actually, for my money, the best sexual tension I ever wrote was in the Nell Sweeney mysteries. Nell and Will are constrained not just by their internal conflicts, but by the mores of the times, so that buzz of sexual awareness just keeps on buzzing... until a certain point, but you'll have to read a few books to get there. <EG> As one of my romance readers, I would be very curious as to your reaction to STILL LIFE, so please let me know!
Old 05-27-2011, 05:54 AM   #10
Patricia Ryan
Connoisseur

Thanks, everyone, for your feedback! It's great to know that readers appreciate the freebie and will be taking advantage of it to discover my books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Thanks for the chance to read your book for free. A perfect opportunity to gather another favourite author! Cheers
Old 05-27-2011, 04:15 PM   #11
Patricia Ryan
Connoisseur

Woo hoo! Since it went free yesterday morning, STILL LIFE WITH MURDER has been downloaded 20,000 times! It's #1 on the Kindle free ebook bestseller list, #1 on the free mystery bestseller list, and #1 on the free women sleuths bestseller list. And the second book in the series, MURDER IN A MILL TOWN, is currently 3 on the paid historical mystery list for all Amazon books. I can't believe the response!
Old 05-27-2011, 11:52 PM   #12
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Congratulations! A great way to get your name out there!
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:46 AM   #13
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre
Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony reader prs700, kobo
@Patricia Ryan: Thanks for taking a look. I would really appreciate it if you can update me of future publications via a pm on mobileread so i can add them. As for B&N since you publish there, can you tell me if there is a way to tell which ebooks are DRM free. i have not put any books from B&N on open books yet because there is no way i can tell which ebooks are drm free. yet I know that some authors publish there DRM free.
Krittika Goyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 05:33 AM   #14
Patricia Ryan
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krittika Goyal View Post
@Patricia Ryan: Thanks for taking a look. I would really appreciate it if you can update me of future publications via a pm on mobileread so i can add them. As for B&N since you publish there, can you tell me if there is a way to tell which ebooks are DRM free. i have not put any books from B&N on open books yet because there is no way i can tell which ebooks are drm free. yet I know that some authors publish there DRM free.
Krittika, I've wondered that myself--how to tell which B&N books are DRM-free. I don't know that there's any way to do so from the sales page. Wish I could be of more help on that. Actually, I wish B&N made it easy for the customer to know, given that it's a selling point for so many savvy readers.

Anyway, in addition to the Nell Sweeney series, I've e-published six medieval romantic suspense novels and a short story. You can find all the Smashwords links here: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/pat12500

Very soon--hopefully next week--I'll be publishing two "boxed sets"--all six mysteries and all six medievals. And they'll be DRM-free on Amazon as well as B&N. I'll message you when they go up.

Thanks for your interest!
Old 05-28-2011, 03:22 PM   #15
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Don't know why, maybe it's the tone of your posts, but I have just downloaded your book. I have never downloaded a book that is being peddled on here - so good on you - and all power to authors who don't hide behind the false security blanket of DRM.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
free, free ebook, historical mystery, mystery ebooks, mystery romance