Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-20-2011, 02:27 PM   #1
hheaven4
hheaven4 began at the beginning.

Device: Shopping
Mobipocket on Windows CE 6.0

Hi everybody. I've been working with computers for 28 years but this is the first time I have posted on a forum. I recently broke my iPAQ 211 and I now want to get something with a bigger screen I need some advice from all you experts out there.

I have a huge mobipocket library (PCR files). I'm thinking about getting one of the new Chinese manufactured tablets with GPS, Multimedia and e-book capabilities. They are operating on embedded Windows CE 6.0 and running with various CPUs.

I read Nate the great's info on CPUs and older mobipocket readers. Also, Kimstudio's info on his success with an older A81 MID -7' screen that runs on Win CE 6.0 and is use of fake DLLs (which I don't understand).

My question is this: can I install and operate my mobipocket 6.2 on embedded Windows CE 6.0 and how will these newer CPUs play into it? Sorry for not being more specific on these most recent CPU's. Please help me if you can. Much Thanks
hheaven4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Hello hheaven, and welcome to Mobileread. Sorry I can't answer your question but you might have more luck posting it here.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2011, 02:40 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi hheaven and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:48 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to Mobileread ....

As well as the forum links from the main page, check out our Wiki for other information ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:52 AM   #5
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Welcome to MR. You might find your answer here at HPC: Factor. They have lots of people well informed about Windows CE.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert