Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-01-2011, 04:06 AM   #1
rastik
Connoisseur
rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G, Kindle Keyboard
Tweak sleep/screensaver timeout on Kindle 3

I've seen a few questions regarding the possibility to change timeout for activating screensaver and putting Kindle into sleep mode. For me personally, default 10 minutes are too short.
Maybe it was mentioned here somewhere, but I was not able to find any relevant information.
So, if you want to change that timeout, just edit file
Code:
/etc/kdb.src/luigi/system/daemon/powerd/t1_timeout
- the last line in the file contains sleep time in seconds. Then restart powerd daemon
Code:
/etc/init.d/powerd restart
To do so, you need to jailbreak (root) your device and install usbnet. If there are people that would like to change it without all this hassle, I can create update bin file.
And a small remark: I don't like using word jailbreak with Kindle. This word comes from Apple world and is not really relevant to Kindle. Proper word would be root or rooting.
rastik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:15 AM   #2
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Someone had posted a "jailbreak" to do this but removed it for some reason (potential problems?). So another bin file might be nice.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2011, 10:25 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yep, because the framework is real bitchy about that, if the file isn't exactly formatted, you've got a shiny new brick (unless you have a serial/early enough SSH access)! \o/

Too risky for a 'user-friendly' configurable version, even with a bind mount.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:58 PM   #4
henriquemaia
Ignorant of many things
henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Thanks for this small howto. I was trying to get a longer timeout on my Kindle 3 and thanks to you I've got it the way I want.
henriquemaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:25 PM   #5
photodegas
photodegas began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Can you make a bin file for a kindle3 wifi, with a screensaver with a 1 minute rotation of images?
photodegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2011, 01:31 AM   #6
nandito
nandito began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by photodegas View Post
Can you make a bin file for a kindle3 wifi, with a screensaver with a 1 minute rotation of images?
second that...
nandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #7
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Change the screensaver timeout using Launchpad shortcuts

For those interested, here is how you can change the screensaver timeout via Launchpad shortcuts. I just took Rastik's initial idea, as well as a script from pilotdrh2003, and figured out a way to change the time you want to have before it goes to screensaver.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=162300

By the way, check out this thread, as it further addresses the issue regarding whether or not you can have the screensavers rotate on a timer while asleep. Unfortunatley, it doesn't seem like it is possible.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=163111

Last edited by inameiname; 01-03-2012 at 07:13 PM.
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote