Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 03-19-2011, 02:40 PM   #1
ice-9
ice-9 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Washington Post recipe broken

Hello, first post, I hope I picked the right forum.

Since getting my Kindle for the holidays, I have been enjoying receiving the Washington Post every day via the Calibre recipe created by Kovid Goyal and Sujata Raman.

Unfortunately, this last week, I have been receiving the March 13th edition of the Post every day. It's like the movie Groundhog Day, except that the lead story is always "Japan begins grim relief mission with towns flooded, thousands reported missing."

I heard the Washington Post updated their website last week - maybe they changed something about the RSS feeds and thus broke the recipe? I notice Wall Street Journal (Free) and Seattle Times download from Cailbre seem to work fine and give the latest articles, so I really think this is just an issue with the Washington Post recipe.

(1) How can I notify those who created the recipe that I think I've discovered a problem?

(2) On a different note, is it possible in Calibre to adjust their recipe for my personal tastes? They left out the local Metro section, and the only sports they included were Redskins articles. (I'm a big Caps fan.) I imagine this type of question about adjusting recipes has been asked before, so I was hoping someone could provide a link.

Thank you for any help.
ice-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:18 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Fixed.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2011, 07:22 PM   #3
ice-9
ice-9 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Wow, not only is it fixed, but local news and sports are there now! Thank you both for making Calibre available and for this excellent customer service!
ice-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #4
hanschinaman
hanschinaman began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Could you tell me how can I find the Washington Post recipe created by Kovid Goyal and Sujata Raman? I'm a newbie.

In my calibre, the recipe is created by Darko Miletic. Some articles can be fetched only by providing a Washington Post accout, but there's no way to fill in username and password in this recipe.

Last edited by hanschinaman; 03-19-2012 at 10:32 PM.
hanschinaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:30 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That recipe no longer exists, the current one is the one by Darko.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #6
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Send me your credentials in private message. I will update the recipe.
kiklop74 is offline   Reply With Quote