Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-04-2011, 04:30 AM   #1
sassanik
Guru
sassanik has too *@%# much karma.sassanik has too *@%# much karma.sassanik has too *@%# much karma.sassanik has too *@%# much karma.sassanik has too *@%# much karma.sassanik has too *@%# much karma.sassanik has too *@%# much karma.sassanik has too *@%# much karma.sassanik has too *@%# much karma.sassanik has too *@%# much karma.sassanik has too *@%# much karma.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
HELP! Screen went dark

Okay my Pocketbook 360 started acting really funny today. When I was downloading a new ebook on to it, the screen went all dark, not like it was off. Rather its color was inverted? If that makes sense?

I turned it off and back on and it went away.

A while later I turned a page and it did the same thing. I tried resetting it, but it did not fix the issue. I attached a picture of what the screen looks like currently.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Amy

ps- later I reset it and seemed fine again and then did the same thing, where the screen went all dark.

pps- I let is charge over night and then hit the reset button on the back again. It booted up and screen has been acting normally. Read a whole book without the problem occurring again. It is very odd.

A friend suggested maybe a memory problem? I had close to 200 books on the device, but still had tons of space on its drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0078.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	507.5 KB
ID:	67776  

Last edited by sassanik; 03-05-2011 at 06:27 AM. Reason: update info
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:55 AM   #2
sassanik
Guru
sassanik has too *@%# much karma.sassanik has too *@%# much karma.sassanik has too *@%# much karma.sassanik has too *@%# much karma.sassanik has too *@%# much karma.sassanik has too *@%# much karma.sassanik has too *@%# much karma.sassanik has too *@%# much karma.sassanik has too *@%# much karma.sassanik has too *@%# much karma.sassanik has too *@%# much karma.

still having issues

I am still having issues with my 360's screen going dark on me. Do far I have been able to reset it and get it back up and working. Do you guys have any idea's why it might be doing this?

Do I need updated firmware?

Amy

Enthusiast
Old 03-14-2011, 02:59 AM   #3
mdmorrissey
Addict
mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 360
I have had this problem a number of times, but until now reset has fixed it. This morning nothing works, so I am charging it from an electrical outlet to see if that helps, although the battery was down only 50%. If that doesn't work I'm sending it back to Nürnberg -- for the third time in less than a year.
mdmorrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:22 AM   #4
sassanik
Guru

still not working

Yeah mine is still not working, I charged it overnight. Turned it on, still not working, reset it and still nothing.

It talks to my computer just fine, I can tell its loading, but something is up with the screen. Its still dark and I can barely see the loading screen and the book selection list.

Its most frustrating. I looked around on the forums and haven't found info on it. It seems like its actually a problem with e-ink screen.

Amy
Old 03-18-2011, 04:22 AM   #5
mdmorrissey
Addict
mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 360
I have sent my PB 360 to Nürnberg -- as I said for the third time in less than a year. Stay tuned...
mdmorrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:30 AM   #6
sassanik
Guru

yep

Yeah mine is heading out to the Pocketbook people too. I am hopeful that they will be able to fix it up. I really like my 360 better than my Nook that I am using in the interim.

Amy
Old 04-01-2011, 10:23 PM   #7
sassanik
Guru

replacement

Well apparently the screen problem is covered by the warrenty! I just got my new one today! I am very happy that I was able to get a replacement. I have been using a Nook instead and frankly I like the PB360 better.

Turn around on replacement was reasonably quick, I had not expected it to be so fast.

Amy