Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-05-2011, 10:19 PM   #1
mfaine
Member Retired
mfaine began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Want to buy app for rooted NC how?

I want this android app but sadly it isn't free so I can't figure out how to get it onto my nook color. Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Mark
mfaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:29 PM   #2
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
Go to the Android Market, search for "Ratio", turn Nook Color to Landscape mode, scroll down until you find the Ratio app, purchase and download.
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2011, 10:36 PM   #3
Withfeeling
Withfeeling began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
I'm assuming your NC is rooted. Is this app not on the Android Marketplace? Can you buy it elsewhere and sideload it? I'm not sure what you are asking.
Withfeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:16 PM   #4
debteb
Connoisseur
debteb doesn't litterdebteb doesn't litterdebteb doesn't litter

Device: NOOKcolor, EVO, HP Touchpad
Not sure if you can get the apk for this app from anywhere else. Its listed at 4.99 $in the marketplace.
debteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:36 PM   #5
mfaine
Member Retired
mfaine began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Go to the Android Market, search for "Ratio", turn Nook Color to Landscape mode, scroll down until you find the Ratio app, purchase and download.
Yeah, I tried that but it did nothing, just refereshed the market.
mfaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2011, 03:41 PM   #6
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfaine View Post
Not sure how to be any more descriptive, it's there in the market, available for purchase and installation. Have you ever purchased from the market before? Do you have a gmail account setup and running on your NC?
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:54 PM   #7
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfaine View Post
Can you search for any apps in the market? For this app, you could also try a search for "ruhlman" which should narrow it down.

Another option if you have access to the market but just can't find that app is to look for the appbrain app and install it. Then you can use your regular PC to browse the market, pick apps to install and when you open the appbrain app on your Nook, you can sync with your account and it will list the apps you've chosen on your PC. I find this easier to use than browsing the app market on the Nook.

If you aren't finding many apps at all, it is possible your rooting setup is a bit wonked and you are getting a very filtered view of the market and seeing almost no apps.
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:08 PM   #8
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
I recommend installing the newest version of the market. That fixes the portrait mode bug. If the app is available in the market, you should be able to purchase it with your Google account and credit card. I've been able to make purchases without any problems on my rooted nook color.

Edit: The Ratio app comes up fine when I search the market.

Last edited by Noah98; 01-06-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote