Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-16-2010, 05:19 AM   #1
mixmax11
mixmax11 began at the beginning.

Device: computer
Exclamation import

hi

recently started to use calibre, its nice. but one feature a think is anoying. Calibre import books into its own structure. I have read the faq about this Why doesn’t calibre let me store books in my own directory structure?. But I think its not good. For examplle itunes and iphoto had this import thing earlier but they made it volontary. I think its time for calibre to do the same.
mixmax11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:04 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixmax11 View Post
I have read the faq about this Why doesn’t calibre let me store books in my own directory structure?.
Kudos to you for at least reading the FAQ first. Now you know Kovid's reasoning for this.

Quote:
But I think its not good. For examplle itunes and iphoto had this import thing earlier but they made it volontary. I think its time for calibre to do the same.
I'm glad you felt you could express your opinion. The bottom line is that calibre is not iphoto or itunes and Kovid decided to do it his way, as much for quality control as any other reason.

You always have a choice.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 12:20 PM   #3
mixmax11
mixmax11 began at the beginning.

Device: computer
I'm talking to a wall right now...
mixmax11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:30 PM   #4
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Take it or leave it ?

Quote:
Hi
Just respect what all these guys/girls are doing.
If you don't like the way Calibre insists on structuring data, maybe you should look for another tool ?
A lot of US don't use *I*/*MAC*
Just my thoughts, but who cares
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 03:16 PM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
That's because you're talking to yourself.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 09:15 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Interesting, can I play?

I'm watching TV right now...

If we're going to continue this game maybe the thread should be moved to The Lounge.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote