Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-04-2010, 11:40 PM   #1
redbird
redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: nook
$75 credit toward new Sony Reader

There's an offer on SonyStyle.com -- trade in any e-reader and get a $75 credit toward a new Sony Reader. I think the offer goes through the end of the year.
redbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:21 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Could you provide a link?

I went to sonystyle.com and couldn't find any mention of the offer......perhaps I was looking in the wrong page?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2010, 12:42 AM   #3
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Here ya go:

http://recycling.econewonline.com/so...dev_type_id=16

Nice find, redbird!
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:43 AM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Thanks, nightbird!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:45 AM   #5
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
With the new Sony readers, that might be too hard to resist... Esp if their prices come down a bit.
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2010, 06:46 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
He probably left out the important phrase, about TRADING IN "any brand eReader and get $75 credit towards a new Sony Reader."

See here:

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/..._Entertainment

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:37 AM   #7
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
So, am I reading this right? I could take the Jetbook Lite I got cheap, send it in, and get the Sony Reader then for approximately $150? Geeze, time to start scouring ebay for cheap readers if that is true!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:54 AM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
So, am I reading this right? I could take the Jetbook Lite I got cheap, send it in, and get the Sony Reader then for approximately $150? Geeze, time to start scouring ebay for cheap readers if that is true!
S

It does say "any brand," and not "any model from Sony."

Although I can't speak for Sony, my understanding is the same as yours.

It also doesn't say if it's non-working or non-eInk.

don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:33 AM   #9
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
The link I saw has a form that you must fill, apparently, to calculate the value of your old reader, so no, it doesn't look like they will trade in $75 for ANY reader. $75 is probably the maximum value, but it can even go down to zero, it says so on the page.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:37 AM   #10
Scott_T
Groupie
Scott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-500, Reb1100(dead)
crud, and I have a semi-broke reb1100 I was going to give them
Scott_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:42 AM   #11
paulak39
Connoisseur
paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: IpadAir; IpadMini2; FireHDX8.9; Kindle Voyage
I decided to take advantage of this offer, and am trading in my PRS-300. According to their message to me, I'll receive a $75 certificate toward a new Sony reader. If, instead, I want a Sony gift card, the trade-in value is only $9. Since I already have a gift card from Sony from a previous offer, I'm thinking of getting a PRS-350 in place of the 300.
paulak39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:46 AM   #12
Scott_T
Groupie
Scott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-500, Reb1100(dead)
just for fun I tried to see what they'd give me and reb wasnt listed so I put other and other and non functional, etc and it gave me $75 too
Scott_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:13 AM   #13
darknessangel
Addict
darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, iPad
Bah, humbug! I like my prs-505. I don't need those touchscreens or wifis or 3Gs >_>

darknessangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:00 AM   #14
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if you can send in more than one reader?
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:10 AM   #15
redbird
redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: nook
I filled out the form with one that wasn't functioning and it still came back with the $75 credit toward a new Sony Reader. Like paulak39 said, it also came up with a giftcard amount -- $0.
redbird is offline   Reply With Quote