Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-31-2010, 03:31 PM   #1
datura
datura began at the beginning.

Device: k3
is anyone working on an installable image?

well i know that armlinux exist but theres the risk (or certain fate) that debian arm or the likes wouldnt work...

is/can anyone post a image of a debian so others could dd it to the k[3]?

it seems to me that if i had deb running this might be cake, dd if=/dev/sda of=the world?

these things are so cool
thanks for comments
datura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:26 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Hi datura, welcome to MobileRead!

I don't have the answer to your question but we do have a Kindle Developers forum which you can find here. Maybe one of the hacking gurus can answer you question.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2010, 04:50 PM   #3
datura
datura began at the beginning.

Device: k3
thanks and apologies
datura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:52 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
No need to apologize. I just wanted to directed you to the place where you're most likely to get your question answered.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:39 PM   #5
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Not sure where you're intending to write this image to. The drive that appears when you plug the Kindle is has to be FAT and none of the Kindle software is stored there. If you do want to package up a build of Debian for the Kindle then you're going to want to just make it a big tarball. Overwriting the Kindle root FS by using dd whilst it is running would not be a good idea :P
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert