Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-30-2010, 08:41 PM   #1
stodge
Groupie
stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650SC
Kobo app on OSX and Palm Pre - no book syncing?

Am I right in thinking that the Kobo apps on OSX and the Palm Pre don't sync books? I downloaded a book on Mac but it's not showing up on my phone. Is this the expected behaviour? Thanks
stodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 03:47 PM   #2
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by stodge View Post
Am I right in thinking that the Kobo apps on OSX and the Palm Pre don't sync books? I downloaded a book on Mac but it's not showing up on my phone. Is this the expected behaviour? Thanks
no, it should work. If you go to kobobooks.com, is it in your library?
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
stodge
Groupie
stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's so confusing - the the desktop app, my phone and my account online show different books.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:26 PM   #4
JPenguin
Connoisseur
JPenguin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo EReader, Kobo for Palm Pre
My desktop app shows 5 books which aren't shown on the web or my Pre, I assume these are freebie books much like there are 100 free books on the Kobo units. The books are:
- Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- Alices Adventures in Wonderland
- Dracula
- Grimms' Fairy Tales
- Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes

When signed into the Desktop app I also see my purchased Kobo books along with the above 5. I also see my Kobo books on my Pre's app (but not the 5 above).

Have you tried logging out and back in on both the Pre and the Desktop? With the Pre the option should appear in the app's top drop down menu.

Note: I don't think I'm on the latest Kobo desktop app, I'm using linux and haven't been prompted to update.
JPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:08 PM   #5
stodge
Groupie

I've logged out and back in again. I assumed that all readers (Palm, desktop, web) would stay in sync. Isn't that the point of supporting readers on multiple platforms? Oh and the desktop app should sync in the background - that's why the CPU has dual cores.

Thanks
Advert
Old 11-04-2010, 01:49 PM   #6
stodge
Groupie

I have 19 in my OSX library, 15 in my library on kobobooks.com and 6 on my Palm Pre.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:02 PM   #7
stodge
Groupie

Oops - turns out I must have changed my password a while ago so my phone and desktop library were out of sync. I logged them both out (cleared on the Pre) and it looks like they resynced ok. I downloaded a new book onto my Pre and it appears on OSX and my library on kobobooks.com.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:58 PM   #8
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
huzzah!
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote