Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-17-2014, 05:21 AM   #91
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoky View Post
I can't find how to modify fonts and size of Collection name, could it be modified? or just don't know the specific position?
I was not able to identify the relevant css block.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 12:31 PM   #92
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Quote:
That's strange. Can you see Arial in your Font Face in Aa setting?
Yes.

You see an error in the configuration?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image4.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	132616   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image3.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	132617   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image2.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	132618  
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2014, 05:01 PM   #93
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

surquizu,

things are a little confusing. I just made some test. Take for instance this code.

Code:
newpart=* { font-family: Inklings; font-size: 38px; line-height: 42px; } \n
newpart=div.descriptionFont { font-family: Avenir; }\n
newpart=ol {margin-left: 8px} \n
newpart=ol p { font-size: 38px; font-weight:normal;      }
newpart=b { font-weight: bold; }\n
newpart=i { font-style: italic; }\n
newpart=b * { font-weight: bold; }\n
newpart=i * { font-style: italic; }
//newpart=::selection { background: #FFFFFF !important; }

First time after restarting the reader, the font-family had no effect on the dictionary view at all. After opening the font menu, there was a small effect (image 1). If after starting nickel one opens the font menu, and only then uses the dictionary the effect s complete (image 2).
I did not see any effect of div.descriptionFont. Maybe this works only for some dictionaries, or Kobo plans to add new tags in future. So it might be better to remove this part again and re-activate ::selection.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	screen_20141217_222951.png
Views:	373
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	132637   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_20141217_223326.png
Views:	358
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	132638  
Old 12-17-2014, 08:40 PM   #94
scoky
Connoisseur
scoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; KOBO AURA HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
Yes.

You see an error in the configuration?
No, the configuration is the same with mine. So odd... I am definitely sure my font in dictionary has been changed. Maybe you will check your work flow carefully...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	screen141218-093538.png
Views:	357
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	132641  
scoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 09:02 PM   #95
scoky
Connoisseur
scoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I was not able to identify the relevant css block.
I test a lot and find this css block. it's not easy work... So thanks for you job.
Code:
<patch>
name=CollectionName
enabled=true
action=replace_string
position=E04264
oldpart=#hTitle {\n\tqproperty-maxNumLines: 1;\n\tfont-family: Georgia;\n\tfont-size: 36px;\n\tfont-style: italic;\n}\n\n
oldpart=#hTitle[qApp_deviceCodeName="phoenix"] {\n\tfont-size: 28px;\n}\n\n
oldpart=#hTitle[qApp_localeName="ja_JP"] {\n\tfont-family: A-OTF Gothic MB101 Pr6N;\n\tfont-style: normal;\n\tqproperty-forceLeading: 0;\n}\n
newpart=#hTitle {\n\tqproperty-maxNumLines: 1;\n\tfont-family: Georgia;\n\tfont-size: 36px;\n\tfont-style: italic;\n}\n\n
newpart=#hTitle[qApp_deviceCodeName="phoenix"] {\n\tfont-size: 28px;\n}\n\n
newpart=#hTitle[qApp_localeName="ja_JP"] {\n\tfont-family: A-OTF Gothic MB101 Pr6N;\n\tfont-style: normal;\n\tqproperty-forceLeading: 0;\n}\n
combineparts
</patch>
Advert
Old 12-18-2014, 06:50 AM   #96
tshering
Wizard

scoky, thank you for the contribution!

As for the arial font in the dictionary, do you have to open the fonts menu before looking into the dictionary after a reboot, or does it work all the time?
Old 12-18-2014, 07:27 AM   #97
scoky
Connoisseur

Quote:
scoky, thank you for the contribution!

As for the arial font in the dictionary, do you have to open the fonts menu before looking into the dictionary after a reboot, or does it work all the time?
no, I don't need to open fonts menu first after a reboot. I have test a lot and it work all the time. I think all sideloads fonts including arial font will be loaded when the book opens.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:54 PM   #98
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Hi, teshering, I find some parameters can control the frame size. They can in nickel and libnickel.so.1.0.0 in the attachments. Generally, parameters in nickel can control the frame size and in libnickel.so.1.0.0 can control contents size of dictionary. I modify them use hex editor and it isn't convenient for modification, but I don't know how to make patch like you and GeoffR. So maybe you can add them in you patch if you are interested.
A small issue is sometime the frame will cover the small box contains note, search and share.
Thank you for your efforts! I attach the data in patch format. I left however all values unmodified, since I did not find the time to figure out nicely working values yet. If you (or anybody else) has values that work for him/her satisfactorily, please share them!

Just in case you are interested in experimenting with other css blocks too, I add all materials that I could easily find.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dictionary_view_312.zip (1.5 KB, 221 views)
File Type: zip 312_css.zip (75.8 KB, 234 views)
Old 01-09-2015, 11:08 AM   #99
Cecell3000
Enthusiast
Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
dictionary

Quote:
Thank you for your efforts! I attach the data in patch format. I left however all values unmodified, since I did not find the time to figure out nicely working values yet. If you (or anybody else) has values that work for him/her satisfactorily, please share them!

Just in case you are interested in experimenting with other css blocks too, I add all materials that I could easily find.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	screen_005a_orig.png
Views:	326
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	133576   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_005b_mod1.png
Views:	326
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	133577   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_005c_mod-big.png
Views:	356
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	133578  
Cecell3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 04:52 AM   #100
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
As to how to prepare the patch, I basically take the patch files of the previous version, try to identify the css codes in nickel and libnickel.so.1.0.0 of the new FW package and change the addresses ("position=xxx") accordingly.
Quote:
Try opening the files with hex-editor.
Quote:

I open the binary with a hex/binary editor and watch for things that look like css code. Then I try to guess for which element this code is used. I modify the code, load the file to the Kobo reader, and see whether my guess was right.

I apologize for my ignorance, but I do not understand how to update patches. I open the libnickel with a hexadecimal editor but not how to locate the new values of the patches

[Image violates guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-08-2015 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:08 AM   #101
pakoe
pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo mini
Thank you

Thank you very much, tshering, for this patch. I only increased the font size in the dictionaries, but that makes an awful difference for me. Actually, I didn't use your patch, but modified libnickel.so.1.0.0 directly (first I DID change the length of the respective section in libnickel.so.1.0.0, so I had to make a factory reset ). Now all is fine. I have a Kobo Mini, used font-size:26px;line-height:30px and did not change font-family. By the way, if someone uses only dictionaries he produced with penelope.py, penelope.py can be modified to define the font-size one likes without modifying libnickel.
pakoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:58 AM   #102
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakoe View Post
(first I DID change the length of the respective section in libnickel.so.1.0.0, so I had to make a factory reset ).
No need to factory reset in such a case if one uses KSM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakoe View Post
By the way, if someone uses only dictionaries he produced with penelope.py, penelope.py can be modified to define the font-size one likes without modifying libnickel.
Thank you for this information.
Old 02-07-2015, 11:01 AM   #103
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
I apologize for my ignorance, but I do not understand how to update patches. I open the libnickel with a hexadecimal editor but not how to locate the new values of the patches
I know this is a cumbersome job! I will provide some materials in the next post
Old 02-07-2015, 11:05 AM   #104
tshering
Wizard

Modification for Bad Eyes FW 3.12.1

Follow the instructions of version 3.12.0 (but read 3.12.1 whenever there is written 3.12.0). I did not test this package on my reader, since I have not yet installed the 3.12.1 FW.

The css blocks for Dictionary View are included, I did however not modify the values.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KBPatcher11_3.12.1.zip (508.5 KB, 248 views)

Last edited by tshering; 02-07-2015 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:18 PM   #105
surquizu
Evangelist

Quote:
I know this is a cumbersome job! I will provide some materials in the next post
Thanks, I hope. I like learning how to do things for myself. They are a challenge for me.

Quote:
Follow the instructions of version 3.12.0 (but read 3.12.1 whenever there is written 3.12.0). I did not test this package on my reader, since I have not yet installed the 3.12.1 FW.
It works fine on my aurahd (v.3.12.1)