Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-22-2024, 09:07 AM   #1
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Bulk-setting of SeriesID

So there's a a series on the Kobo Store that for some stupid reason got split up into a bunch of smaller series. As I load my books from the store, this resulted in nearly a dozen duplicates on the Series tab.

After some investigation (and experimentation - don't worry, I took a backup ) I found that setting the SeriesID column in the content table of KoboReader.sqlite could merge them.

Is there some easier way to set this without pulling out SQLiteStudio all the time?

The now-unmaintained KoboUtilities has the option to set SeriesID, but it apparently leaves the one from storebought kepubs alone.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-22-2024 at 09:16 AM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 10:23 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Download to PC and import via Calibre? That's what I do with books from Amazon or Kobo.
Series info is often wrong on ebooks from Amazon. I never noticed on the Series I bought from Kobo.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2024, 10:30 AM   #3
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'd prefer to keep my books loaded from the Kobo store.
Old 04-22-2024, 11:14 AM   #4
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
So there's a a series on the Kobo Store that for some stupid reason got split up into a bunch of smaller series. As I load my books from the store, this resulted in nearly a dozen duplicates on the Series tab.

After some investigation (and experimentation - don't worry, I took a backup ) I found that setting the SeriesID column in the content table of KoboReader.sqlite could merge them.

Is there some easier way to set this without pulling out SQLiteStudio all the time?

The now-unmaintained KoboUtilities has the option to set SeriesID, but it apparently leaves the one from storebought kepubs alone.
Isn't this the same that Kobo driver does? I mean, reading the comment, it looks like that.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 11:16 AM   #5
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

If I understood davidfor's post right, it was rolled into the KoboTouch driver at some point. My sideloaded series show up in the Series tab without using the Update Metadata feature.
Advert
Old 04-22-2024, 12:05 PM   #6
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
If I understood davidfor's post right, it was rolled into the KoboTouch driver at some point. My sideloaded series show up in the Series tab without using the Update Metadata feature.
My sideloaded series too. So, only the series which are populated from kobo are untouched, isn't it?
Old 04-22-2024, 12:14 PM   #7
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Yes. I tried changing the series name and running KU's Update Metadata but it didn't change the SeriesID even with the option to update the Kobo ePubs selected.
Old 04-22-2024, 01:49 PM   #8
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Have you tried?
1.- Connect device
2.- Device library
3.- Manage series
Old 04-22-2024, 01:51 PM   #9
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

If it doesn't work this, could you attach a debug log? I don't know very much the plugin, but I know it a bit as I have my own version.
Old 04-22-2024, 03:02 PM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Do you have the Update purchased books checkbox checked on the Metadata, on device and advanced tab of the KoboTouch/KoboTouchExtended driver?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 04:02 PM   #11
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Yes, I have it set to update store-bought books. If I change the series name it updates those. But it does not modify the SeriesID in the content table.

EDIT: From testing, it also doesn't update SeriesID if I update a sideloaded series name.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-22-2024 at 04:16 PM.