Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 07-25-2003, 09:46 AM   #1
kennyd
kennyd began at the beginning.

Exclusion Filter Tutorial

I know that there are some links in the iSiloX help file to some tutorials for the the filtering, but to be honest some of it is a bit over my head. Does anyone know of a good resource for a more basic introduction to the "regular expressions" .

If anyone could post some examples of how they use the expressions in their conversions.

I have successfully obtained some exclusions, but not with a solid understanding of exactly how it works and the extent of some of the options available.

An interesting form that I'm sure that I would frequent would be a form that revolved around the use of regulare expressions. This feature seems to hold a key to some power in iSilo.

It would be nice if a gui could be developed where you could simply point your mouse to any excluded links and the proper filter would be added.
Old 07-28-2003, 04:02 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I second that. Very good idea. The best book I know on RegEx, though maybe an overkill for our purposes, is O'Reilly's Mastering Regular Expressions (http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/regex/ and http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/regex2/). What would be easy for us is to collect all channels from the WCC which use RegEx filters, and compile this list in one forum thread - RegEx can best be learned by example.
Advert