Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-22-2014, 08:12 PM   #121
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avwriter View Post
Has anyone else with the origami cover noticed that the magnets in it are so strong that you can stick it, face down with the Voyage inside, to the side of a refrigerator and it will stay there? I already mentioned this in another thread, but I figured I would slap it up here as well since this thread focuses on cases. Not really practical, but thought it was a fun fact.
Thank you for testing. I'd actually wondered about that but hadn't got around to trying it.

Back when I was buying mostly paperbacks I'd occasionally get great pleasure out of throwing a really bad one against the wall. I wonder if I could learn the technique of dramatically flinging the Kindle at the refrigerator.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:08 PM   #122
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
DH surprised me today with an origami cover. It is surprisingly great, I did not expect it to be good at all and it is working well for me. I would have preferred another color (it is black) but there was only this one in the shop and he got it for 39$.

I wanted to order an ACcover but I will stick to the origami I think. The flip mechanism is much better than I thought.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2014, 09:22 PM   #123
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
DH surprised me today with an origami cover. It is surprisingly great, I did not expect it to be good at all and it is working well for me. I would have preferred another color (it is black) but there was only this one in the shop and he got it for 39$.

I wanted to order an ACcover but I will stick to the origami I think. The flip mechanism is much better than I thought.
Did you get the leather version? I think if I keep my Voyage I will get the Origami cover too since you say it works well. I was skeptical just looking at it on Amazon.com, so good to hear it is actually good. I doubt I will use it in stand mode, but I do want something to make the Voyage a bit thicker and thus easier for me to hold with my arthritis. Thin looks cool, but thin is difficult for me to hold comfortably.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:39 PM   #124
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
No, it is the plastic version. I did not think I would care much for the stand mode, but actually it works well plus I can also hold it (the folded back in stand up position) when holding the device making it very comfy to hold in my small hand. It might not work for everyone but it is ideal for my handsize. I suggest trying it in a best buy before buying.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:23 PM   #125
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
No, it is the plastic version. I did not think I would care much for the stand mode, but actually it works well plus I can also hold it (the folded back in stand up position) when holding the device making it very comfy to hold in my small hand. It might not work for everyone but it is ideal for my handsize. I suggest trying it in a best buy before buying.
That's a good idea, will do.
Advert
Old 10-23-2014, 06:23 PM   #126
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6+
I ordered a pouch from sfbags.com. I've used their pouches for my phones before and I've been happy with them.

DH picked up the origami case but he says it's too heavy and defeats the purpose of a light device like the Voyage.
techiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:18 PM   #127
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
DH picked up the origami case but he says it's too heavy and defeats the purpose of a light device like the Voyage.
Leather or PU? Thanks.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:19 PM   #128
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6+
The cheaper one.
techiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:26 PM   #129
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks!
Old 10-23-2014, 08:31 PM   #130
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
Back when I was buying mostly paperbacks I'd occasionally get great pleasure out of throwing a really bad one against the wall.
We could be great friends!

I got a bad "mouse" one time and got so frustrated with it that I threw down my hall and up against the wall! My son still reminds me and we chuckle about it.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:26 AM   #131
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
Back when I was buying mostly paperbacks I'd occasionally get great pleasure out of throwing a really bad one against the wall.
In digital age, people do this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rI85jH3F4U

Sorry, couldn't figure out how to embed it with the youtube tags.

Last edited by stangri; 10-24-2014 at 09:29 AM.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 01:29 PM   #132
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
You just need to put the number of the video (in this case 3rI85jH3F4U) between the brackets.

pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 01:51 PM   #133
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
Has anyone gotten the leather origami? Just curious whether it looks feels much different than the plastic one? Wonder which one will hold up better over time?
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 02:07 PM   #134
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avwriter View Post
Has anyone gotten the leather origami? Just curious whether it looks feels much different than the plastic one? Wonder which one will hold up better over time?
I'm interested too, I've pre ordered the red one.

I don't know if anyone here ordered the Forefront case that appeared on Amazon shortly after the launch but the one I ordered on the 29th Sept that was 'shipped' at the beginning of October was never shipped. They are now telling me mid to end November. I've had to raise a claim to get a refund as Forefront are ignoring emails.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 02:09 PM   #135
Readirect
Zealot
Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
I ordered the origami case. I am not sure how I feel about the way it opens. Then again, back in the day, I was sure I would hate reading on eink....

So I guess I'll know soon. I got that dark purple (royal, I think they call it).
FWIW, my NSTG has had a top open case for awhile and I see no real difference.

IMHO, though, nothing beats the Oberon cases.
Readirect is offline   Reply With Quote