Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-26-2014, 01:10 PM   #1
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle Voyage case options

For those of you getting a Kindle Voyage, what case did you choose? Anyone getting the official Amazon origami case? I dislike how it opens at the top and also that it's floppy so I'll be passing on it.

There's not many choices out at the moment, but I'm considering this one from Poetic. Lots of nice color choices.

http://smile.amazon.com/Kindle-Voyag...=1&*entries*=0
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:45 PM   #2
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Hopefully Poetic will come out with a case with a wake/sleep function. I love the one I have for my Nexus 7.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2014, 01:48 PM   #3
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Hopefully Poetic will come out with a case with a wake/sleep function. I love the one I have for my Nexus 7.
I was wondering if this one had it and they're just not mentioning it. It'll be a no go for me if it doesn't have it. Both my Poetic cases (for my iPad and Nexus 7) have it.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:57 PM   #4
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I'm thinking it doesn't because most of the cases do mention that specifically in the description if available.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 02:07 PM   #5
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I can't pre-order yet, but I've decided against the origami case. I'm not sure I like the way it opens plus I don't think I use the prop up function. I'll be getting an Oberon case, probably the Florentine.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2014, 02:36 PM   #6
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
I only want to protect the screen so I wish they make a cover that only covered the front like ipad covers. This way, the weight of the cover can be cut in half! My wish is for the voyage+cover to weigh no more than a K3 with no cover.
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 02:55 PM   #7
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I mentioned in another thread that I am hoping they make this cover for the Voyage:

I have this cover in orange on my Nexus 7 (paid $14.99, looks like it's up to $16.99 now), and I really like it (except for the white plastic shell, but oh, well). Nice fit. Wakes the unit up and puts it to sleep. I'd happily get one for the Voyage if they make one.

I'm going to wait until I find a cover that I really like. I have a number of sleeves lying around that I can use until I find a nice cover.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 03:00 PM   #8
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob001 View Post
I only want to protect the screen so I wish they make a cover that only covered the front like ipad covers. This way, the weight of the cover can be cut in half! My wish is for the voyage+cover to weigh no more than a K3 with no cover.
You'll need a case that weighs less than 1.5 ounces which is approximately the weight difference between the K3 and the Voyage. That is about 1/3 the weight of the Origami cover.

Last edited by RDaneel54; 09-26-2014 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Error
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 03:13 PM   #9
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
I'm thinking it doesn't because most of the cases do mention that specifically in the description if available.
Shame then. I'll have to pass on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I have this cover in orange on my Nexus 7 (paid $14.99, looks like it's up to $16.99 now), and I really like it (except for the white plastic shell, but oh, well). Nice fit. Wakes the unit up and puts it to sleep. I'd happily get one for the Voyage if they make one.
I have a similar looking case made by Poetic for my Nexus 7 and I love it, it's nice and lightweight. I would love if Poetic made a simple one like this for the Voyage with the auto on/off feature.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:47 PM   #10
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I've ordered the Belkin. It's a book style case and more importantly is is lighter than the origami case.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Shiel...760781&sr=1-14
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 03:51 PM   #11
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I just found this case on Amazon UK. Not sure if you have it on Amazon.com. It's a sleep case with a three year Warrenty.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Forefront-Ca...le+voyage+case

Last edited by Josieb1; 09-26-2014 at 04:01 PM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 04:07 PM   #12
Poodlemom1
Groupie
Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Glow HD, Fire HD6, iPad Air 2, Mini 2
I ordered the origami case. I like the idea that it flips back from the top. I am not sure I like to lines in the front but I like that the case attaches magnetically to the Voyage. If I don't like it I will return it. I haven't seen anything that confirms the Voyage has the wake/sleep function. I will miss that feature. If it doesn't have the wake/sleep function I may just use a slip case and no cover.
Poodlemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 05:27 PM   #13
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodlemom1 View Post
I haven't seen anything that confirms the Voyage has the wake/sleep function.
On the description of the origami case, it says "Wake your Kindle Voyage or put it to sleep by simply opening and closing the cover, secured with a magnetic closure."
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 06:21 PM   #14
Poodlemom1
Groupie
Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Glow HD, Fire HD6, iPad Air 2, Mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
On the description of the origami case, it says "Wake your Kindle Voyage or put it to sleep by simply opening and closing the cover, secured with a magnetic closure."
Silly me, I had been searching for this in the Voyage information not the case.
Poodlemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 08:23 PM   #15
induna
Addict
induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, 505, 600, 350, T1 Amazon Kindle PW1, PW2, Voyage
None of the non-Amazon cases I have seen so far appear to attach magnetically like the Amazon ones. The ability to easily remove the case could be a very nice feature for reading at home, for example, while making it very convenient to attach the case for storage or being out and about.
induna is offline   Reply With Quote