Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-17-2010, 08:35 AM   #16
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I haven't noticed any ghosting on my DXG but I have bad eyes.

If you want to change fonts and screensavers on your DXG then look at this Mobileread thread I'm using Arial on my DXG and completely changed the screensavers without any problems.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:31 PM   #17
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
It's probably not just a matter of eyesight but awareness. I guess you're just not looking for it.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2010, 06:19 PM   #18
Cosmo Spring
Will read for food
Cosmo Spring doesn't litterCosmo Spring doesn't litter

Device: Kindle DX-G
I just picked up a DX-G and noticed the ghosting right away, as well. It's my first e-reader, and it bothered me at first what with the cost of the thing. But I actually had forgot about the ghosting until I read this thread, so... thanks for reminding me.

I only worry it'll get worse - it's certainly not a problem now/yet.
Cosmo Spring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:32 PM   #19
Osiyo
Osiyo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
I doubt it will get worse. Hopefully it can be lessened with future firmware updates, I think that was the case with previous Kindle models?
Osiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:37 AM   #20
jswinden
Nameless Being

All eInk screens have ghosting to some degree. It shouldn't get worse, but as someone mentioned Amazon might make it better through a firmware upgrade some day. I've owned nearly every Sony Reader model and the Kindle2 was my first ereader. They all have a bit of ghosting, but usually it is only noticeable when switching pages and the previous page had a lot of dark pixels because of menus or perhaps an illustration. As another poster mentioned, the refresh the screen trick should take care of the problem.

I've got a Kindle DX Graphite on the way and it should be here today. I cannot wait to see the improvement over the 2nd generation eInk screens that Pearl apparently has. I'm also looking forward to the large screen for stay at home reading.
Advert