Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-04-2011, 02:59 PM   #1
Euclid
Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PocketBook 902
customizing PB902 UI and buttons

Hello, all. Two noob questions here.

1-I noticed that on the home screen of the PB902 there are two unused slots (labeled as "Not set") on the main menu (Library, Notes, etc.). How do I go about "setting" those slots to something? For instance, is there a way from me to put apps in those slots (e.g., the wifi-on and wifi-off apps courtesy of "review" https://www.mobileread.com/forums/arc.../t-117366.html)?

2-When reading a document, is there a way to set some button to immediately take me back to my library (instead of having to repeatedly push the back "-" button on the bottom of the device)?

Last edited by Euclid; 05-04-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Euclid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:33 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I don't know the answer to point 1). I vaguely recall seeing a tradeshow video describing that such stuff could be customized, but I don't see anything in the configuration menu to allow that. Maybe someone else knows.

As to point 2), just hold down the back button for a few seconds (i.e a long press). It will kick you out of the book and back to the library. The OK button also often has different functionality under long presses, depending on the application.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:37 PM   #3
Euclid
Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Euclid once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PocketBook 902
Thank you, rkomar. Q2 resolved. Q1 not as big a deal for now.
Euclid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:43 AM   #4
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euclid View Post
Q1 not as big a deal for now.

Maybe try a long press on the "Not set" slot, and you can add a new widget
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:54 PM   #5
pbmaniac
Enthusiast
pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: PB Pro 903, F/W 2.1.3=>downgraded to 2.1.2-fastdrv because of WIFI-bug
Simple answer to question #1:
The two slots in the main menu will be filled if you press the key with the book symbol while you are in the library, and select "Add to favorites" from the context menu. So you can add two favorites to the main menu, in effect. ;-)
pbmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
home screen, not set, pb902, shortcut to library