Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 05-03-2016, 01:13 PM   #106
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Oh pooh. I was hoping that would be a nice little perk. Did they make the same change with KU books? I've still been able to get Whispersync pricing with library Overdrive books.
I believe KU books are still eligible.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 01:57 PM   #107
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Thanks. That's so odd, though--borrowing is borrowing is borrowing. I would think that if they can block Whispersync prices for one kind of borrowing, they'd do it for all.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 02:09 PM   #108
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Thanks. That's so odd, though--borrowing is borrowing is borrowing. I would think that if they can block Whispersync prices for one kind of borrowing, they'd do it for all.
Amazon has 4 types of borrowing you can do with Kindle ebooks. Two Three are eligible for Whispersync pricing and one isn't. and the fourth one I'm not sure about.

Whispersync Pricing - Borrowed Audiobooks.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 05-04-2016 at 08:11 PM. Reason: verified third eligibility source
Old 05-03-2016, 02:19 PM   #109
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Amazon has 4 types of borrowing you can do with Kindle ebooks. Two are eligible for Whispersync pricing, one isn't, and the fourth one I'm not sure about.

Whispersync Pricing
The last loan is only good for 14 days. So I doubt Whispersync would work.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 02:23 PM   #110
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
OverDrive library loans are also good for a limited time (7-14-21 days) and they work.

I'm hoping someone has tried this and can verify it one way or another.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:36 PM   #111
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
OverDrive library loans are also good for a limited time (7-14-21 days) and they work.

I'm hoping someone has tried this and can verify it one way or another.
Do you want to borrow a book?
Old 05-03-2016, 03:04 PM   #112
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Do you want to borrow a book?
Sure. We'll do it by PM so this thread isn't derailed with the particulars. I'll post my results here when done. I'll send you a PM shortly.
Old 05-03-2016, 03:55 PM   #113
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Borrowed Kindle books are eligible for Whispersync pricing as long as they are eligible if purchased. I'll now update this post.

Thanks Cinisajoy
Old 05-03-2016, 04:03 PM   #114
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Borrowed Kindle books are eligible for Whispersync pricing as long as they are eligible if purchased. I'll now update this post.

Thanks Cinisajoy
Glad to help.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:48 PM   #115
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

I ordered a Fire 7 for myself several hours ago. I paid $30 and it was delivered in ~2.5 hours via Prime Now and a $10 promo. See this post for details.
Old 05-04-2016, 12:52 AM   #116
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
I have done it before though it was a couple years ago.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 12:56 AM   #117
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
I ordered a Fire 7 for myself several hours ago. I paid $30 and it was delivered in ~2.5 hours via Prime Now and a $10 promo. See this post for details.
Congrats. I have two Fires I seldom ever use. I use my Fire Phone way more than I ever thought I would. Hubby needs a new tablet. He still has the very first Kindle Fire. Maybe for his Birthday...

My best tablet purchase was my Nexus 7.

Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 11:25 AM   #118
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I have done it before though it was a couple years ago.

Tubemonkey and I checked and it is possible.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:55 PM   #119
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I just tried text-to-speech on my Fire. Very cool for books that don't have professional narration available. Oh, the wonders of modern technology!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 01:07 AM   #120
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Congrats. I have two Fires I seldom ever use. I use my Fire Phone way more than I ever thought I would. Hubby needs a new tablet. He still has the very first Kindle Fire. Maybe for his Birthday...

My best tablet purchase was my Nexus 7.
Thanks. I finally set it up with some apps for audiobooks, music, videos, and games. Then I placed a 64GB mSD card in it for media downloads. Next step is to get a cover. I already have a neoprene sleeve that'll fit the tablet and cover combo. I plan to use this tablet for short visits to family and friends; plus the occasional excursions outdoors.