Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-27-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
lifanxi
lifanxi began at the beginning.

Device: Bambook, Hanvon N510
How to update meta information for an ebook file?

I'm trying to write an Metadata Writer plugin, but I was not sure when such plugin will be used.

It seems that the "Edit meta information" dialog will only update the meta data in calibre library but not the ebook file itself. Only when use "Save to disk" function, the meta data can be updated to the actual ebook files.

So if I want to update meta data for ebook file, either I should use "Save to disk" function, or I have to convert this file from the source file type to the same destination file type.

Does my understandings correct? Thanks.
lifanxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:19 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yes. metadata is only updated at export time.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2010, 10:22 AM   #3
lifanxi
lifanxi began at the beginning.

Device: Bambook, Hanvon N510
Thanks for your quick response and the clarification. :-)
lifanxi is offline   Reply With Quote