Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-24-2010, 03:39 PM   #1
emt
Nameless Being

On-Device App Install from SD Card

I had some issues with the ADB commands for preparing my rooted Nook Color for on-device app install (primarily due to microcrap's 64-bit Vista) so I found a very easy method.

In the Market, there's an app called "Sqlite Editor" from the folks who make "Root Explorer" - it's about $3.07 US$ but I bought it anyway.

With this [AFTER A BACKUP!] I was able to directly edit the settings.db (sub category SECURE) and change the following:

'install_non_market_apps' from the default value of 0 to 1 and following a SAVE and REBOOT I can now install directly from my SD Card.

While I was doing this, I find a large number of additional entries including (are you ready for this???) bluetooth_on!

Dare I do this???

I also posted this in XDA-Developers excellent Nook Color Forum and I was thinking that may we should acknowledge the very excellent work that they do there on behalf of our beloved Nooks!
Old 12-24-2010, 03:41 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
This is wonderful for folks who encounter issues with USB ADB. Thanks for sharing!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert