Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2009, 12:26 AM   #1
m26k9
Enthusiast
m26k9 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 29
Karma: 10
Join Date: Sep 2009
Device: none
Anyway to install apps in SD card on Mer - SmartQ7?

I am sorry to have started another thread. I am just so desperate to get Okular running on SmartQ7.

So I gave up on default OS and installed Mer. I should thank Nation for his help through out.

I got Mer 0.15 up and running and did "apt-get install okular". It was nearly a 200MB install. And during the installation (after downloading) it gave an error of no available disk space.

The system doesn't even have 200MB left in it?
Again, I am so close to having Okular. Before it was a dependency problem but now it 'seems' there is no such problem but the space.

Is there anyway to get around this?
I am ready to try out anything at this moment.

Thank you.
m26k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:14 AM   #2
Nation.A.List
Addict
Nation.A.List doesn't litterNation.A.List doesn't litter
 
Posts: 270
Karma: 112
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: England
Device: SmartQ 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by m26k9 View Post
I am sorry to have started another thread. I am just so desperate to get Okular running on SmartQ7.

So I gave up on default OS and installed Mer. I should thank Nation for his help through out.

I got Mer 0.15 up and running and did "apt-get install okular". It was nearly a 200MB install. And during the installation (after downloading) it gave an error of no available disk space.

The system doesn't even have 200MB left in it?
Again, I am so close to having Okular. Before it was a dependency problem but now it 'seems' there is no such problem but the space.

Is there anyway to get around this?
I am ready to try out anything at this moment.

Thank you.
Go here and read up; http://www.ill-logix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28
This is for the Std OS. Once you have set this up you should try it again on your Q7 as you will now have the space for the install.
Nation.A.List is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:17 AM   #3
m26k9
Enthusiast
m26k9 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 29
Karma: 10
Join Date: Sep 2009
Device: none
Thanks Nation. But I am waiting for their activation email for two days now... seems it's not coming...
m26k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:23 AM   #4
Nation.A.List
Addict
Nation.A.List doesn't litterNation.A.List doesn't litter
 
Posts: 270
Karma: 112
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: England
Device: SmartQ 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by m26k9 View Post
Thanks Nation. But I am waiting for their activation email for two days now... seems it's not coming...
Admin seems to have been busy for a quite while now
Nation.A.List is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:28 AM   #5
m26k9
Enthusiast
m26k9 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 29
Karma: 10
Join Date: Sep 2009
Device: none
I hope he gets back soon

BTW, could please let me know if it is possible? Right now I am unable to get much done in Mer-0.15 so I am thinking whether I should flash to default Ver.4.0.
Is it possible to install apps from 'apt-get' on the SD? If so I will wait for the activation email..

Thanks buddy.
m26k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:23 AM   #6
Nation.A.List
Addict
Nation.A.List doesn't litterNation.A.List doesn't litter
 
Posts: 270
Karma: 112
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: England
Device: SmartQ 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by m26k9 View Post
I hope he gets back soon

BTW, could please let me know if it is possible? Right now I am unable to get much done in Mer-0.15 so I am thinking whether I should flash to default Ver.4.0.
Is it possible to install apps from 'apt-get' on the SD? If so I will wait for the activation email..

Thanks buddy.
Try here now http://www.smartqmid.com/phpBB3/view...php?f=10&t=197
Somebody asked the same question today on this other forum, so I 'borrowed it from ill-logix.com forum to save having to repeat it everywhere.
Nation.A.List is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:35 AM   #7
m26k9
Enthusiast
m26k9 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 29
Karma: 10
Join Date: Sep 2009
Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nation.A.List View Post
Try here now http://www.smartqmid.com/phpBB3/view...php?f=10&t=197
Somebody asked the same question today on this other forum, so I 'borrowed it from ill-logix.com forum to save having to repeat it everywhere.
Thanks a million Nation!

Now excuse me for asking this, it is not possible with Mer is it?
Because Okular is available in Ubuntu repos and if I can do this with Mer that would be awesome.
Sorry for troubling you mate.
m26k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:41 AM   #8
m26k9
Enthusiast
m26k9 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 29
Karma: 10
Join Date: Sep 2009
Device: none
BTW, I had a read through that forum and seems firmware 5.0 is due soon.
And it will have Ubuntu ports. Any idea if the same will be available for Q7?

Cheers.
m26k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #9
Nation.A.List
Addict
Nation.A.List doesn't litterNation.A.List doesn't litter
 
Posts: 270
Karma: 112
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: England
Device: SmartQ 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by m26k9 View Post
Thanks a million Nation!

Now excuse me for asking this, it is not possible with Mer is it?
Because Okular is available in Ubuntu repos and if I can do this with Mer that would be awesome.
Sorry for troubling you mate.
I know very little about Mer, not been brave enough to try it yet I don't know if it is a 'special' for the Q7 or a Std part of GDebi. Try installing GDebi through Mer and see if it works in the same way.
Nation.A.List is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:48 AM   #10
Nation.A.List
Addict
Nation.A.List doesn't litterNation.A.List doesn't litter
 
Posts: 270
Karma: 112
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: England
Device: SmartQ 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by m26k9 View Post
BTW, I had a read through that forum and seems firmware 5.0 is due soon.
And it will have Ubuntu ports. Any idea if the same will be available for Q7?

Cheers.
The Q7 versions 'usually' follow on 1-2 weeks after the Q5 updates.
Nation.A.List is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:50 AM   #11
m26k9
Enthusiast
m26k9 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 29
Karma: 10
Join Date: Sep 2009
Device: none
Thanks a lot Nation.
I will try installing GDebi and see.
Hopefully Ver.5.0 will end my misery. Fingers crossed.
m26k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Classic How can I install apps to Softroot? MangaEbooker Nook Developer's Corner 6 08-19-2010 08:22 AM
What apps are you planning to install on the iPad thinkpad Apple Devices 15 02-24-2010 04:40 PM
Smartq7 + SD card compatibility tr_tr Alternative Devices 6 10-31-2009 05:58 AM
Help on installing apps in SmartQ7 m26k9 Alternative Devices 2 09-09-2009 11:04 AM
iLiad What is the best way to install user apps -- your opinions here Antartica iRex Developer's Corner 32 11-15-2006 02:06 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:48 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.