Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-25-2010, 02:35 PM   #16
pclewis
Enthusiast
pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I dropped mine.

I dropped mine and broke the glass. Sent it in for the repair, got a refurbed one back in less than a week. They never even charged me.

I have had the 505 since they allowed us old 500 people to upgrade. Only issue now is that ePub is not the greatest on the 505. Sometimes, depending on the publisher it has terrible font sizes. Then I remove the ecryption and convert ePub to ePub on Calibre. It works, but a bit of a PITA.

I have no idea what I will get next. Don't need wireless or keyboards and I like the smaller size for what I read. If a book has alot of illustrations, buy the book.
pclewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:44 AM   #17
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pclewis View Post
Sometimes, depending on the publisher it has terrible font sizes. Then I remove the ecryption and convert ePub to ePub on Calibre. It works, but a bit of a PITA.

I have no idea what I will get next. Don't need wireless or keyboards and I like the smaller size for what I read. If a book has alot of illustrations, buy the book.
I have a 505 and I used the PRSplus hack. Now I have placed the free fontin fonts on my reader and use a simple style.css file to cause all epubs to use my fonts automatically. The style sheet could also be used to adjust font size. Check out daffy4u's Grand Experiment for one users experience expanding her 505's ability to cope with epub.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert