Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-13-2009, 11:36 AM   #1
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Flashed my 300! Clock is back!!!

I just flashed my 300 (from the Russian site linked/discussed here many times) and I have my clock back! I really missed it from my 505 days!!! The flash also has a neat mod where you can use the 5/6 buttons for history forward/back, and the 7/8 buttons for page turns.

Flashing is pretty easy--just copy the provided folder to the removable drive that shows up when the 300 Reader is connected via usb, then disconnect the usb, and press the indicated numbered button to flash. Only took about 5 minutes.

It is SO nice having the clock on the status bar again, and the extra page turn buttons on the right edge (almost like the 505's) is a bonus.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:16 PM   #2
retro
Groupie
retro doesn't litterretro doesn't litterretro doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara Blue PRS 350
What did you backup in case you wanted to go back to the orginal config?

Sounds like something worth trying, but I never do anything without a backout plan !!

Any other goodies with the hack?
retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2009, 04:25 PM   #3
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
No backup--many people have done it without issue. Besides the clock, russification, 5/6 history buttons and 7/8 page turn buttons, what else do you want?????
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:24 AM   #4
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Do you still have the option of selecting menu languages? I want to try this but am a bit scared of bricking my Reader
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:25 AM   #5
bristoljon
bristoljon began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
How? Please post the link!

How did you find software for the PRS 300? Just got one for Christmas but got a few issues with the firmware.. Please post the link!
Also anyone know how to change the horizontal orientation so that the buttons are in your right hand!? You'd think that would be the obvious way to do it!

I found the PRSCustomiser V1.04 for the PRS 500 but if you used this to mod your 300, what settings did you select?

Look forward to your replay, Thanks in advance,

Jon

Last edited by bristoljon; 12-26-2009 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Update
bristoljon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2009, 01:03 PM   #6
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by bristoljon View Post
How did you find software for the PRS 300? Just got one for Christmas but got a few issues with the firmware.. Please post the link!
Also anyone know how to change the horizontal orientation so that the buttons are in your right hand!? You'd think that would be the obvious way to do it!

I found the PRSCustomiser V1.04 for the PRS 500 but if you used this to mod your 300, what settings did you select?

Look forward to your replay, Thanks in advance,

Jon
Follow this link to learn about the Russian hack for the 300 Sony Reader Russian Hack

The hack files are different for the 505, 600 and 300.

Do not use the PRSCustomiser for the 500 as it will not work and you may brick your Reader.

The landscape orientation so the buttons are in your right cannot be done right now.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:08 PM   #7
Enuf
Enuf began at the beginning.

Device: eeePC 900, iphone and PRS300
[QUOTE=DrMoze;694942]No backup--many people have done it without issue. Besides the clock, russification, 5/6 history buttons and 7/8 page turn buttons, what else do you want?????[/QUOTE

I gave it a go and had no problems either. All worked as hoped for
Enuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:30 AM   #8
Loose_Appeal
Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish?
Loose_Appeal doesn't litterLoose_Appeal doesn't litter

Device: Current: PRS-650, Previous: Books
Can you also change the font for LRF? Since you can't have full justification on epub and all.
Loose_Appeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:56 PM   #9
Enuf
Enuf began at the beginning.

Device: eeePC 900, iphone and PRS300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loose_Appeal View Post
Can you also change the font for LRF? Since you can't have full justification on epub and all.
I'm afraid I don't know - I haven't experimented with LRF. Maybe some of the more experienced members can answer your question.
Enuf is offline   Reply With Quote