Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-22-2011, 04:32 PM   #1
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Amazon registers kindlescribe.com

According to an article from Time Amazon has registered the domain name Kindlescribe.com.

The speculation is that the next Kindle may include a stylus or some sort of mechanism for taking notes. Who knows.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Well, given that a touchscreen device is probable, and given that Sony already has note taking capability, including built-in stylus, I shouldn't be surprised that Amazon would incorporate that functionality as well.

They are coming a tad late to the touchscreen, and this could certainly bump appeal over the Nook. While I mostly use my Sony keyboard to take notes rather than the stylus, I really like the note taking feature. Sony remembers my recently typed words, so it pulls 'em up making it really easy to jot in short notes quickly. Use it for proofreading epubs all the time. Of course, unless Amazon ever supports epub, I probably would have a lot less use for the function on a Kindle.

I'm curious to what Amazon will do with a touchscreen device though, and may well get one when they come out, if only for fun. I can't say I'd need one, but I could see myself with a third reader, easy, and I haven't tried a Kindle yet.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:41 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
According to an article from Time Amazon has registered the domain name Kindlescribe.com.

The speculation is that the next Kindle may include a stylus or some sort of mechanism for taking notes. Who knows.
There's no trademark registered for Kindle scribe, so it won't be a product.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:39 PM   #4
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
I'd say its a service, probably a website or something, to where you can go with your kindle, type in notes and have it stored online for syncing and the like. I wouldn't be surprised if the website itself also supports HTML5, so you could view, create, and edit things on your computer as well.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:50 PM   #5
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
I think it's a spaceship!
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:52 PM   #6
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterBooks View Post
Will it have an improbability drive?
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:56 PM   #7
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Toss a coin... if it lands on its edge then yes... or no...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:05 PM   #8
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Maybe this is Amazon's version of the Kindlegraph autographing service?
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:23 PM   #9
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
According to the article, they just registered the domain on August 20. I think it would have been registered much earlier if it had any connection with an existing product.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:38 PM   #10
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H. View Post
According to the article, they just registered the domain on August 20. I think it would have been registered much earlier if it had any connection with an existing product.
Agreed. My guess it might have something to do with the upcoming Kindle tablet.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:55 AM   #11
Kali Yuga
Professional Contrarian
Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touchie
Yeah, it still doesn't mean anything.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=145931
Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:06 AM   #12
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Who says they can't roll out support to the older products? A very likely thing is they roll it out with the latest version of the kindle, and the tablet (assuming not the same), and have updates for the older ones. I'd believe though that they'd have some sort of limitation on the older ones, or have a vastly improved input system on the newer ones to really get people to upgrade though. I'd imagine though, that it may be more to capture people they hadn't got before, rather than for having older customers upgrade. I mean, roughly 30 million ereaders total, where as the tablet appliance market (not counting tablet PCs) is far younger and the iPad alone has nearly that many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Yuga View Post
Yeah, it still doesn't mean anything.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=145931
However, the kindle scribe domain is not registered via markmonitor. If it was simply protecting the kindle name, why would they have used a different registrar than the one they were using to snatch up related domains for protection?

Last edited by Hellmark; 08-23-2011 at 10:09 AM.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:55 AM   #13
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterBooks View Post
This makes so much sense! I bet you're right.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:06 PM   #14
replica145
Bake 'Em Away Toys
replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW (Books) & iPad 3 (Comics)
Site for Indy Kindle authors?

I don't see why they would create an all new site for a product/service. If they keep us on the main site they can show us 900 links per page to other products.
replica145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:23 PM   #15
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by replica145 View Post
Site for Indy Kindle authors?
"Kindlescribe" does sound a lot more like something related to writing than to reading.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote