Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-04-2010, 02:01 PM   #76
Mare of Earth
Leaver of Hoofmarks
Mare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Paperwhite 4
Mine is from concept art done for the proposed live-action remake of The Last Unicorn. It is taken from the sketch of the waves of unicorns about to break on the beach.
Mare of Earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:44 PM   #77
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
The next one I used for quite a while was this picture which I cleaned up and modified from an old Charles Atlas ad of the type that appeared in practically all the comics of the 50s and 60s.

And oh, my! What a guy. I've heard things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I've used others for special occasions, but the one I'm using now was drawn by FlorenceArt. It seems to be a nice fit.
It certainly looks a great deal like you FlorenceArt did a great job with the likeness.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2010, 11:00 PM   #78
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
mine is my sweetie. I call her my sweetie because she is the sweetest kitty I ever had - she even gives me head butts to my head when I lower my head to her level. hubby says he thinks it's a weird looking picture, but I think it's cute.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:12 PM   #79
Mitchi
C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER
Mitchi will become famous soon enoughMitchi will become famous soon enoughMitchi will become famous soon enoughMitchi will become famous soon enoughMitchi will become famous soon enoughMitchi will become famous soon enough

Device: Jetbook Lite, Droid Eris
@purple lady

That is a beautiful cat :0
Mitchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:20 PM   #80
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchi View Post
@purple lady

That is a beautiful cat :0
thank you! I hope she stays around for a while though - she's 12 years old and is on two medications.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2010, 05:02 AM   #81
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
I like images that are a little dark, whether literally or figuratively.

My avatar is of "Agent 47", the silent but deadly protagonist of the popular (and one of my favourite) video-game series, Hitman.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:15 AM   #82
ski_power
Book eater
ski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3 G 3G (<-lol)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
thank you! I hope she stays around for a while though - she's 12 years old and is on two medications.
All the best to her.
ski_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:11 AM   #83
harakiri
Groupie
harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
kamineko = evil cat

from the Azumanga Daioh anime/manga

Try to pet it and ...
Attached Images

harakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:16 AM   #84
ski_power
Book eater
ski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by harakiri View Post
kamineko = evil cat

Try to pet it and ...
not god cat? :P

/tries to pet
OUCH... err... I thought I had a left hand...oh well
Old 08-05-2010, 08:02 AM   #85
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Mine's a picture of myself taken while I was playing as an extra in a french TV show called Kaamelott (comedy show inspired from King Arthur).

EDIT :
Here is the link to an old thread about the same subject :
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40329

It's funny to see the explanations from people that have changed their avatar since.

Last edited by Gaurnim; 08-05-2010 at 08:16 AM.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:12 AM   #86
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
Mine's a picture of myself taken while I was playing as an extra in a french TV show called Kaamelott (comedy show inspired from King Arthur).
Complete with sharp implement on offer to hire ------ please wipe blood stains from it before handing back ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:23 AM   #87
ski_power
Book eater

(offers Blood-B-Gone)
Here, its a 100% guaranteed, As Seen on TV. Blood-B-Gone.
$19.95 ONLY. Limited Offer
Old 08-05-2010, 09:41 AM   #88
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Complete with sharp implement on offer to hire ------ please wipe blood stains from it before handing back ....
I'm for hire along with the sharp implement.
And I like my job !
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:46 AM   #89
Mare of Earth
Leaver of Hoofmarks
Mare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
I'm for hire along with the sharp implement.
And I like my job !
Love the cloak!
Mare of Earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:50 AM   #90
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harakiri View Post
kamineko = evil cat

Try to pet it and ...

We had a cat like that. We had to warn anyone who came to the house. The cat seemed so normal until someone tried to pet it, then, LOOK OUT!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote