Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-29-2021, 10:00 AM   #1
dizzi101
dizzi101 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Unable to open kindle books in Calibre on M1 Mac

I have Mac Big Sur 11.6.1. Just got latest Caliber because I wanted to use it to better organise my >300 kindle books; I don't like the limitations of Amazon collections, syncing etc.

Into my brand new empty Caliber, I wanted to upload a bunch of kindle books, that I previously downloaded to my Mac.

I tried to "Add books" in Caliber, pointed it to the location of Kindle books downloads (username > Library > Containers > Kindle > Data > Library > Application Support > Kindle > My Kindle Content ) where it found and appeared to load books, but later in Caliber library those books were not readable. They show up with ASIN titles, no cover and no other info, and cannot be opened in Caliber.

What I am doing wrong, or is there a chance that Caliber is incompatible with my current OS or no longer works with latest Kindle titles? Thanks in advance for any relevant help.
dizzi101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 10:06 AM   #2
dizzi101
dizzi101 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
To add to the above, my Kindle Mac app is v 1.33.0
dizzi101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2021, 10:12 AM   #3
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
Kindle books are copy-protected--each file has DRM that locks the file to a specific Kindle or Kindle app on a non-Kindle device. Unless you remove the DRM, you can't read a Kindle file on anything except the device it is locked to.

Methods of removing Amazon DRM exists and can be integrated with Calibre--search for DeDRM on this forum (or "Apprentice Alf") for more information.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 10:20 AM   #4
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Nia
I would suggest looking at the pinned thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=283371 which discussing the issues around Kindle apps for Windows and Mac.
georgemk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
big sur, caliber, kindle, m1 mac