Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-11-2021, 06:05 AM   #1
avmad
Just getting started
avmad began at the beginning.

Device: None
Question Importing *.azw files from Kindle 1.32.0 (61109)

Hello all,

Newbie here although have been using Calibre (infrequently) for a while. I'm using ver 5.23.0.

I just tried to import a couple of books from my Desktop Kindle app - ver 1.32.0 (61109). Both failed.

I'm assuming that I must need a plug-in or other conversion mechanism, before Calibre can read the files.

I've linked an image of the Kindle folder of one of the books for reference. There is a file of type 'voucher' and the letters 'drm' in the name. I don't recall seeing this before (but maybe I killed those brain cells).

Can anyone advise me of the steps I need to do to get such a book imported please?

Cheers!

avmad

avmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 06:46 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
This may help ==>> Dealing with Kindle for PC/Mac 1.19 and KFX in calibre

It's a sticky at top of main calibre forum

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2021, 04:04 AM   #3
avmad
Just getting started
avmad began at the beginning.

Device: None
Thank you BetterRed.

I will check that now. I must have been searching on the wrong search terms before, not to find that.

Off to read it now.

Cheers!
avmad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, desktop, error, import books, kindle