Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-09-2014, 05:35 PM   #1
sebaton
sebaton began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
How to send entire threads to Kindle

Hello Kindle experts,

I already spent hours on searching for a solution to send not only one page but also an entire thread to Kindle. Sending one single page works quite fine with SendToReader but almost all of the interesting threads have a lot of pages and especially long threads are worth for reading it on my Kindle. Sending every single page of a thread to my reader results unfortunately in a single ebook for each page.
Yes I know, some forums have a printing view or forum tools (like this forum) but in most of the cases it doesn't exist or doesn't send one single page. Hope there is any solution?

Sebaton
sebaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:45 PM   #2
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebaton View Post
Hello Kindle experts,
I already spent hours on searching for a solution to send not only one page but also an entire thread to Kindle. Sending one single page works quite fine with SendToReader but almost all of the interesting threads have a lot of pages and especially long threads are worth for reading it on my Kindle. Sending every single page of a thread to my reader results unfortunately in a single ebook for each page.
Yes I know, some forums have a printing view or forum tools (like this forum) but in most of the cases it doesn't exist or doesn't send one single page. Hope there is any solution?
Sebaton
For mobileread, pointing your kindle to http://mobileread.mobi is always an option.
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 02:44 AM   #3
sebaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
For mobileread, pointing your kindle to http://mobileread.mobi is always an option.
Thank You. I gave it a try with the dictionary FAQ over here but there are still 9 pages. How to send them as ONE eBook to Kindle?

EDIT: I would like to read offline.

Last edited by sebaton; 07-10-2014 at 05:19 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:05 AM   #4
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
you can use the second option here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	how to save threads.PNG
Views:	401
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	125173

Last edited by thomass; 07-10-2014 at 06:07 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:42 AM   #5
sebaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
you can use the second option here:

Attachment 125173
In dictionary FAQ I can see only "show printable version"

And how to work around in other forums? It's really rare to find an option "download thread"
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Dictionary FAQ - MobileRead Forums_2014-07-10_17-38-32.png
Views:	218
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	125194  
Old 07-10-2014, 05:48 PM   #6
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

do you mean this one: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131137

Name:	Ekran Al?nt?s?.PNG
Views:	243
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	125197
Old 07-11-2014, 01:52 AM   #7
Mixx
Zealot
Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
In dictionary FAQ I can see only "show printable version"
Hi,

you need to log in as a registered user to see that option.

Cheers, Mixx
Mixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:10 PM   #8
sebaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixx View Post
Hi,

you need to log in as a registered user to see that option.

Cheers, Mixx
Ok, you're right :-)

Is there no way to send the a whole thread without a forum specific function?

Beyond mobileread.com I would really love to be able to read threads offline on my kindle. I can't imagine that I'm the only one.....
Old 07-11-2014, 12:12 PM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Threads, by their very nature, are forum-specific. They only exist in the context of a forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:03 PM   #10
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Is there no way to send the a whole thread without a forum specific function?

well, there is a long way:
  1. install chrome
  2. install auto pager for chrome
  3. install send to kindle extension of klip.me for chrome
  4. open the thread
  5. use printable version option to simplify it and let the auto pager opens all pages
  6. select and copy the whole posts with ctrl+c (you can use shift button here)
  7. press the send to kindle button
  8. use ctrl+a to select auto selected text (and delete it)
  9. use ctrl+v to paste the selected (whole) posts
  10. press the send button
  11. wait
Old 07-13-2014, 11:12 AM   #11
sebaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
well, there is a long way:
  1. install chrome
  2. install auto pager for chrome
  3. install send to kindle extension of klip.me for chrome
  4. open the thread
  5. use printable version option to simplify it and let the auto pager opens all pages
  6. select and copy the whole posts with ctrl+c (you can use shift button here)
  7. press the send to kindle button
  8. use ctrl+a to select auto selected text (and delete it)
  9. use ctrl+v to paste the selected (whole) posts
  10. press the send button
  11. wait
Thank you Thomass. That's what I'm looking for. I'll give it a try.
Is there anybody who knows a shorter way or a way with Firefox?

EDIT: Just saw there is also an auto pager add-on for Firefox :-)
EDIT2: but no klip.me for Firefox :-(

Last edited by sebaton; 07-13-2014 at 11:16 AM.

Tags
kindle, send to, thread