Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-08-2014, 09:41 AM   #1141
SharonK
Enthusiast
SharonK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Actually I want to be able to add my own screen savers and fonts. So I assume I have to jailbreak my Kindle to do that. And excuse my ignorance, but where or what is the JB thread, part of this extended thread perhaps?
SharonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 09:42 AM   #1142
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@SharonK: Yep, you do .

You'll find the JB here.

The Where To Start sticky might also come in handy .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2014, 09:55 AM   #1143
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@SharonK: Yep, you do .

You'll find the JB here.

The Where To Start sticky might also come in handy .
Just to add a spoiler to the thrill of the JB first post reading - - -

Here is the location of the "downgrade HowTo" ::
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=12

And the location of the "where to get older firmware" update files ::
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1301

The above is not a substitute for reading the first post of the JB thread, only clarifications that where recently helpful.

Last edited by knc1; 11-08-2014 at 10:00 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 03:23 PM   #1144
SharonK
Enthusiast

Do not upgrade to version 5.6 if you are considering a jailbreak!

Oh me, my Kindle updated to version 5.6 before I had the time to install the jailbreak. I haven't tried reseting it to see what happens, but at this time, 5.6 will not allow you to downgrade your kindle. I've tried three different versions of the software. It deletes the file every time and warns me that a different file was put on the Kindle illegally. I thought you might want to know and so could warn people.

Last edited by SharonK; 11-23-2014 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-23-2014, 03:28 PM   #1145
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@SharonK: Yup, cf. the big fat warning in the JB thread .
Advert
Old 11-23-2014, 06:27 PM   #1146
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonK View Post

Oh me, my Kindle updated to version 5.6 before I had the time to install the jailbreak.
- - - - -
I thought you might was to know and so could warn people.
We can only post the warnings.
We have no control over when or if people read them.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...81&postcount=6
Old 11-23-2014, 10:35 PM   #1147
SharonK
Enthusiast

I'm guessing that no one knows a way to get around this problem as yet. I originally tried to jailbreak my device and was having problems doing it. So I put everything back as I had it in the beginning. That's when I got caught. I'll keep checking back here. Perhaps someone will find a solution eventually. Thanks for trying to help me.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:50 AM   #1148
knc1
Going Viral

**Next time** -
Mention which model Kindle you have and/or correct your personal profile information block.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:40 AM   #1149
Neshi
Neshi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I'm stumped.
I've successfully jail broken my Kindle Touch.
I've successfully installed the Mobileread Kindlet Kit.
I've placed the CollectionsManager.azw2 to the "documents" folder on the Kindle.

and now what?
I've restarted the thing a couple of times. I've remade the collections in Calibre, but every time it tells me I should eject and synchronise in the collections manager.

Is this collections manager a separate program? because if it is, the first page didn't supply a link to the download location.
If it is not... how can I access it?
In my menu I see nothing, just the 'create new collection'. If I click that, I have to give a name. So it didn't recognise the collections made my Calibre.

The whole sort by 'collections' is greyed out on mine.. but that is probably because I haven't synchronised it, but I haven't got the faintest idea how to do that.

Can anyone give some feedback?
Neshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:39 AM   #1150
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neshi View Post
I'm stumped.
I've successfully jail broken my Kindle Touch.
I've successfully installed the Mobileread Kindlet Kit.
I've placed the CollectionsManager.azw2 to the "documents" folder on the Kindle.

and now what?

- - - - -
It should now be showing on your main screen, as if it where a book (well, it is) - - -

If not -
Check your date/time setting -
Check your display setting -
You have to get it to show up before you can use it.

- - - - -

It is not a separate application, it is only a different UI on the Amazon provided collections management.

Disclaimer: I don't use it myself. The above is about limit of what I know about it.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:43 AM   #1151
SharonK
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
**Next time** -
Mention which model Kindle you have and/or correct your personal profile information block.
I own a Kindle paper white with 5.6.1 software.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:30 PM   #1152
Neshi
Neshi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
It should now be showing on your main screen, as if it where a book (well, it is) - - -
That's it! Thanks, I didn't realise it would be recognised as a book. (although, now I think about it, it makes sense as you add it to the documents)

thanks, I successfully added the collections and everything works as it should. Much obliged
Neshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 03:27 AM   #1153
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 5
Is is working Collection Manager with Calibre for Kindle Touch?
donMaranzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 06:30 AM   #1154
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@donMaranzano: Yes.
Old 12-06-2014, 11:43 PM   #1155
ryber
ryber began at the beginning.

Device: ALL THE THINGS
I have a newly purchased Kindle Paperwhite 2, firmware 5.4.3.2. It's jailbroken, and I have installed the collections manager, but it gives me "Application Error The Selected application could not be started. Please try again." I've tried resetting the Kindle, and reinstalling the jailbreak and collection manager, but it never works. Any ideas?
ryber is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks