Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-31-2019, 09:55 PM   #1
koboquestion
koboquestion began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Please help me figure out one-click install of koreader and plato

I have a Kobo Clara HD and I am trying to install Koreader and Plato from the instructions here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=314220. It is not working.
I am on Linux Mint too by the way.

What I am doing:
1. Turn it on and connect to PC
2. At welcome screen, click "Don't have a wifi network" so that PC recognizes device
3. Download Plato-0.7.5_KOReader-v2019.08.zip to ~/Downloads and then run
Code:
unzip Plato-0.7.5_KOReader-v2019.08.zip -d /media/user/KOBOeReader/
to extract it to ereader.
3.5. I have also downloaded the zip directly to /media/user/KOBOeReader, right clicked and selected "extract here".
4. Once it is done, I eject and unplug, and the screen lights up and switches to the welcome screen, and nothing happens.
5. I have also tried running the shell script: ./install.sh in /media/user/KOBOeReader, but it says command not found
koboquestion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 09:58 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You need to properly finish the device setup first. This is not intended to bypass it. It requires a sane, working device.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2019, 10:01 PM   #3
koboquestion
koboquestion began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
so i have to login to wifi and account and stuff first?
koboquestion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 10:52 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
In short, yes.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clara hd, kobo, koreader, linux, plato