Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-26-2023, 10:33 AM   #1
Lukcs
Lukcs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Help with jailbreaking a Kindle Keyboard

Hello, I have a Kindle Keyboard B008 Wifi and just recently tried to jailbreak it to install custom screensavers. The problem is that I upload the file to jailbreak this version (update_jailbreak_0.6.N_k3w_install.bin) and then, when I go to update

[HOME] -> [MENU] > Settings -> [MENU] > Update Your Kindle.

the "update your kindle" is disabled. I restart at this point, and I get a message that I don't remeber at the moment, something like "It didn't work".

I tried a few things, I updated the firmware (now is the version 3.4.3 that I suppose is the last one), reset to factory defaults, and tried again. Same thing.

Any ideas?
Lukcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 09:35 PM   #2
tekkasit
Groupie
tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, KV, KOA3
Outdated JB software?

Use the latest JB (Update_jailbreak_0.13.N_k3w_install.bin) from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88004.
tekkasit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2023, 08:55 AM   #3
Lukcs
Lukcs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Thank you, that worked.

Last edited by Lukcs; 04-04-2023 at 08:59 AM.
Lukcs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle wifi jailbreak