Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 05-26-2011, 01:57 PM   #2161
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@BakaEcchi - thank you for the info - your English is fine, by the way

@kartu - I have been reading about the various 14080 woes, but I'm not sure what your current recommendation is regarding PRS+. My 'must-have' PRS+ features are working fine in my current setup so I'm in no rush to update from the alpha if you think a future release will clarify things.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:42 PM   #2162
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-505
Kartu, have you written on downloads, that the new version of prs for prs 505 needs base, but i suppose it's an error to copy & paste the file name. isn´t it?
VICTORSJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2011, 09:55 PM   #2163
barium
Connoisseur
barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: None
Edit: nevermind

Last edited by barium; 05-27-2011 at 12:57 AM.
barium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:46 PM   #2164
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
Mark Nord
I vaguely recall "pictures" not working / fixing it in 1.x, but if that was NOT the case and I remember it wrong, finding the cause would be very interesting, since, if anything, menu manipulations in 2.x are done even later than in 1.x.
Can this, by chance, be related to not defining a parent property in
Spoiler:
Code:
				// Create prs+ containers ("Multimedia", "Games & Utils" etc)
				for (i = 0, n = customContainers.length; i < n; i++) {
					container = customContainers[i];
					nodeMap[container.name] = Core.ui.createContainerNode({
						title: coreL(container.title),
						kind: container.kind,
						icon: container.icon
					});					
				}

in core_ui_menu.js ?

[EDIT 2011.05.28]
Nope forget about this
[/EDIT]

Last edited by Mark Nord; 05-30-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:30 PM   #2165
Ivy
Sometimes I purr.
Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Got it.
I think.

Last edited by Ivy; 05-27-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2011, 05:33 AM   #2166
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
Mark Nord
I vaguely recall "pictures" not working / fixing it in 1.x, but if that was NOT the case and I remember it wrong, finding the cause would be very interesting, since, if anything, menu manipulations in 2.x are done even later than in 1.x.
2nd try
Found this code
Code:
// Name: Browse Folders
//	2010-03-14 kartu - Localized
	// update from ContainerNode doesn't work for whatever reason, probably it is accessing the wrong "nodes"
	audioAndPicturesNode.update = function (model) {
		for (var i = 0, n = this.nodes.length; i < n; i++) {
			if (this.nodes[i].update) {
				this.nodes[i].update.call(this.nodes[i], model);
			}
		}
	};
and copied it to
core_ui_menu.js
Code:
				// Create prs+ containers ("Multimedia", "Games & Utils" etc)
				for (i = 0, n = customContainers.length; i < n; i++) {
					container = customContainers[i];
					nodeMap[container.name] = Core.ui.createContainerNode({
						title: coreL(container.title),
						kind: container.kind,
						icon: container.icon
					});
					if (container.name==="multimedia") {audioAndPicturesNode = nodeMap[container.name];}

}

// update from ContainerNode doesn't work for whatever reason, probably it is accessing the wrong "nodes"
	audioAndPicturesNode.update = function (model) {
	var i;
	for ( i = 0, n = this.nodes.length; i < n; i++) {
			if (this.nodes[i].update) {
				this.nodes[i].update.call(this.nodes[i], model);
			}
		}
	};
This way "pictures" and "audio" are populated.
HTH
Mark

Last edited by Mark Nord; 05-29-2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: added and "audio"
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:30 PM   #2167
barium
Connoisseur
barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

I just installed PRS+, and it is amazing. Thank you for making it available!

I'm using 2.0.10alpha, because it's the latest version that works with my old firmware. To use a later version of PRS+, I'll have to update my firmware. Can I do that using using porkupan's 1.05n installer here, or would I have to use Sony's utility?

Last edited by barium; 05-29-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:52 PM   #2168
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have a PRS650 and went through an update sequence much like yours. As far as I remember the /database/system subdir was created by PRSPlus during installation. Even if it wasn't there's no reason you couldn't create it manually as there's so little in it. Here's a screencap of the dir structure on mine.

Edit: Sorry did you edit since I started to post? I seem to be answering a question you're no longer asking
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	prsplusdir.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	72071  

Last edited by jackie_w; 05-29-2011 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:56 PM   #2169
barium
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I have a PRS650 and went through an update sequence much like yours. As far as I remember the /database/system subdir was created by PRSPlus during installation. Even if it wasn't there's no reason you couldn't create it manually as there's so little in it. Here's a screencap of the dir structure on mine.
Thanks for the screenshot. You're right - I just needed to create the subdirectories. There's a page on the project site that tells you to create subdirectories if they're not there, so I tried that, and it worked. I edited my post above, but apparently not in time to spare you the trouble of answering my question.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:52 AM   #2170
MiK77
Enthusiast
MiK77 will become famous soon enoughMiK77 will become famous soon enoughMiK77 will become famous soon enoughMiK77 will become famous soon enoughMiK77 will become famous soon enoughMiK77 will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by barium View Post
I just installed PRS+, and it is amazing. Thank you for making it available!

I'm using 2.0.10alpha, because it's the latest version that works with my old firmware. To use a later version of PRS+, I'll have to update my firmware. Can I do that using using porkupan's 1.05n installer here, or would I have to use Sony's utility?
If you already have installed an old version of PRS+, you don't need the setup.exe. Just use the zip and you don't need to update the firmware. You only have to unpack its content to the readers root directory and restart it.
MiK77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:00 AM   #2171
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
kartu
Ever since I used the new PRS+ uninstaller for my PRS-650, I haven't seen any occurence of my weird button press / battery drain bugs...
Do you think it could have been caused by some leftovers of a previous installation, either of PRS+ or the russified firmware ?
Anyway, I'll try and install the new PRS+ version, and report here if the problems come back.
Thanks for the uninstaller,
David.
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:22 AM   #2172
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiK77 View Post
If you already have installed an old version of PRS+, you don't need the setup.exe. Just use the zip and you don't need to update the firmware. You only have to unpack its content to the readers root directory and restart it.
Thank you for this MiK77 - the mist has finally cleared

For anyone else who, like me, was getting very confused about the PRS+ upgrade vs. the Sony upgrade, here are step-by-step instructions for a PRS650 upgrade :
- to: PRS+2.0.12beta, still with Sony v1-0-00-08100
without worrying about what to do about the Sony v1-0-00-14080 upgrade which seems to have caused problems for some people.

The following instructions worked for me, but I don't claim them as the 'One True Way'. I'm happy to be enlightened otherwise
I would think the PRS350 would work the same.

Step-by-step instructions

Spoiler:
  1. Download the appropriate 2.0.12beta Installer zip (not the setup.exe) to your PC.
  2. Unzip and copy the whole PRSPInstaller directory to the root directory of device internal memory.
  3. Precautionary step - don't know if this is necessary but I did it anyway.
    If you have manually installed the customised LRF/RTF/TXT font option, disable it temporarily:
    - Rename directory /test-startup to something else
    - Rename file /database/system/PRSPlus/prsp.sh to something else.
  4. Disconnect from PC. Then do a full device shutdown, then restart it. The upgrade to 2.0.12beta will be installed automatically. You can check by looking in Settings - About to check version numbers:
    - PRS+ should show as 2.0.12beta (top of page 1)
    - Sony device info should still show as 1.0.00.08100 (bottom page 1)
  5. Reconnect to PC and, if they still exist, manually delete the following from root of device internal memory:
    - directory /PRSPInstaller
    - file /runonce.sh
  6. If you performed the precautionary step 3, re-enable the option now by reversing the renaming. Then do another full device shutdown and restart.

Last edited by jackie_w; 05-30-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:17 PM   #2173
Ivy
Sometimes I purr.
Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
kartu, I love you.

I love PRS+ and as soon as I get paid, I'll make a small contribution for your hard work via PayPal, I promise!
Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:37 PM   #2174
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Kartu

Do the words (of lrftextscale.js) shown below are missing from the list of translation?

L("VALUE_DEFAULT"), L("DESCRIPTION"), L("MSG_RESTART")

Last edited by VICTORSJG; 05-31-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:08 PM   #2175
VICTORSJG
Addict

Kartu, is there any posibility to locate the multimedia and games-applicactions in any slot by using menucustumizer, instead be located on slots 8 and 9 by default, like with others menus (bookhistory, audio, etc)?

thanks

Last edited by VICTORSJG; 06-04-2011 at 12:23 PM.