Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-30-2024, 12:45 AM   #1
MarcyMarc
MarcyMarc began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Changing Battery in Pocketbook Touch Lux 5

Hi everyone,

unfortunately my "old" Touch Lux 5 has a broken display (stepped on it because one of my kids laid it on the ground beneath some blankets and I couldn't see it)
I then got a used one, which was cheaper than buying a new display and was happy so far.
But then I noticed, that the newly bought has a really bad battery. I load it up fully (takes up to 4 hours) and then the battery lasts for maximum 2 hours. The broken one has a way better battery.
So my Idea is to change the batteries in these devices, I looked at it and it seems fairly simple, "only" loosen it from the sticky pads and from the connector, but how do I go about it, without damaging the batteries or the still working pocketbook?
What's the easiest way to loosen it from the sticky pads and the easiest way to loosen the connector?
I also noticed that it looks quite similar to the pocketbook touch lux 4 in the way of how it is built.

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks so far.
MarcyMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 01:02 AM   #2
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Oh thats a tricky one. Start with the one with the broken display to learn, since the display is in danger during this procedure and you need to learn how to do it right (battery is glued to the screen). Often a solvent is used, in addition I use a thin thread behind the battery to carefully losen it.
Have a look at the video I found to get an idea about the process.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtjaGMavR_A

Last edited by nhedgehog; 04-30-2024 at 01:10 AM.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2024, 01:20 AM   #3
MarcyMarc

Thank you, it looks at least doable.
What kind of solvent do you use to loosen the sticky tapes?
Old 04-30-2024, 01:28 AM   #4
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Isopropanol or something like this. Have some desinfection lotion here back from the Covid hysteria. But only drops! The keyword is patience.
Old 04-30-2024, 01:32 AM   #5
MarcyMarc

Patience, Patience and more Patience?

Yes it looks like a really long process, thanks for your help!
Advert
Old 04-30-2024, 01:32 AM   #6
nhedgehog
Guru

Actually I would try to losen the battery from the screen without removing the frame, but that requires even more patience and a good nylon fishing thread.
Old 04-30-2024, 02:29 AM   #7
MarcyMarc

That was my plan to leave it almost completely intact, it will take a lot of patience I assume but I can leave everything intact except the battery. Will give this definitely a try.

Tags
battery, exchange, pockebook, touch lux 5