Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-01-2015, 07:09 AM   #46
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by boriar View Post
I have read that it works on AuraHD and also exits a directory for AuraH2O but i don't work for me. Only the normal sleeping screen. Can you help me?
I have an H2O with 3.12.0 fyi
The reason is that you are using KSM. You have to do a slight modification. I will post it in the KSM thread a little later.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 07:44 AM   #47
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
The reason is that you are using KSM. You have to do a slight modification. I will post it in the KSM thread a little later.
Many thanks!
boriar is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2015, 03:39 PM   #48
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This hack has unfortunately lost its effect under FW 3.13.1. Whereas previously nickel displayed the sleep/power off image, and the screen saver replaced it afterwards by its own image, it is now the other way round.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:22 PM   #49
JPG
JPG began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Hi
Does the screen saver work on Kobo touch ?
JPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:11 PM   #50
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I'm now wishing for an upgrade for 3.15
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2015, 06:24 AM   #51
merovig
merovig began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
just tried Screensaver_kobo_glo_3120_v005b.zip from the minutodroid-blog, works fine on my kobo touch (use TouchMini folder for custom screensaver pics).
merovig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 04:05 PM   #52
Cecell3000
Enthusiast
Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
new version: Screensaver hack - v007a

only for firmware 3.15.0

tested: my Kobo Glo

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Attached Files
File Type: zip screensaver_kobo_glo_3150_v007a.zip (465.0 KB, 4773 views)
File Type: zip uninstall-screensaver_kobo_glo_3150_v007.zip (1.1 KB, 620 views)
Cecell3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 04:32 PM   #53
tshering
Wizard

Thank you! Tested on Touch.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:37 PM   #54
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
No idea if the dynamic loader is sane on Kobos or not, but the preload trick can usually be made global by configuring it in /etc/ld.so.preload (cf. ld.so(8)), which feels (slightly) less hackish than mangling the init script to stick an LD_PRELOAD in front of nickel.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 04:04 AM   #55
tshering
Wizard

Since some users of this screen saver might also use KSM, I would like to mention that with KSM 07, you can assign preload libraries for nickel via the configuration menu. Therefore, the changes that are done by the screen saver install routine, are needless (and useless) in this case. But it does no harm if you install the screen saver package as it is. For my usage, however, I remove the folders etc and root from the package before applying it.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:11 AM   #56
Kobo_Mao
Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecell3000 View Post
only for firmware 3.15.0

tested: my Kobo Glo

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Finally!
It works on my Glo (FW. 3.15).
Can I have the screensaver at random?
Thanks .....
I was desperate!
Sorry for my english.
Kobo_Mao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:12 PM   #57
Deahna
Deahna has become one with the cosmosDeahna has become one with the cosmosDeahna has become one with the cosmosDeahna has become one with the cosmosDeahna has become one with the cosmosDeahna has become one with the cosmosDeahna has become one with the cosmosDeahna has become one with the cosmosDeahna has become one with the cosmosDeahna has become one with the cosmosDeahna has become one with the cosmos

Device: none
Same here, on Aura HD with newly downloaded FW 3.15.0

A little tip if it won't work but should: Delete the folder that stored the screensaver images first and then install the hack. If you had your own images in there be sure to save them to your HD first.
Deahna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 06:41 AM   #58
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Excellent. After a couple of trials (I must have done something wrong), I have it working in my Aura with 3.15, both with and without KSM 07.

Last edited by Jellby; 05-10-2015 at 06:43 AM.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 04:34 PM   #59
earphorny
earphorny began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura h2o, nook
I had problem with h2o (skewed images), but simply resolution change to 1080x1440 solved it.
earphorny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 04:50 PM   #60
tshering
Wizard

screensaver for KSM 07 plus password check

tested on Touch and Glo
only for FW 3.15.0 and KSM 07 (with all available updates installed)

Installation:
  • extract KoboRoot.tgz from the archive and copy it to .kobo
  • (in KSM) select: handle update > install update

For activating/deactivating the password check cf. this post.

For activating/deactivating the screensaver cf. this post.

Use at your own risk.
Attached Files
File Type: zip screensaver_3150_ksm7_pw.zip (456.6 KB, 285 views)

Last edited by tshering; 05-20-2015 at 04:08 AM.