Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-08-2014, 03:08 PM   #1
axellec
axellec began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Lightbulb Customizing the sleep screen

Hi list,

I am trying to customize my Kobo Aura Hd sleep screen. I don't know how it's called, but I mean the image which shows when I put the e-Reader to sleep.
In my case, it's a logo of FNAC (French shop selling the Kobo).

This URL explains how to replace that logo with the Kobo logo. But that's not exactly what I want: I want to replace with an image of my own. Right?

Also, with help of people of this forum, I managed to customize the demo slideshow of the reader, so that it displays images of my choice. But that's not the sleep screen...

Anyone help me out please? I have ssh access to my e-Reader and thus can hack/modify files.

Cheers,
Axelle
axellec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:27 PM   #2
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
There was a discussion about this in this thread. There, I propose two solutions:
1. Replacing the image data in binary file (post #30,post #35 and post #36)
2. Replacing a system call in libnickel.so.1.0.0 by a call to a bash script (post #41)
I tried both ways and they worked. Both however have their disadvantages, cf.
post #49.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert