Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-20-2020, 12:43 PM   #31
GoldenRatio
GoldenRatio began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo forma
thanks for the application, just installed it on my kobo forma with the modification in the script (as explained in the issue tracker #9 on your GITHUB) :
in .adds/UltimateMangaReader/ultimatemangareader.sh to export
Quote:
QT_QPA_PLATFORM=kobo:touchscreen_rotate=270:logica ldpitarget=108
the screen is in the correct orientation.

question : what this "logicaldpiTarget" value should be ?
I asume the kobo forma having a big screen and resolution, the DPI (300 for forma) might not be the same as other kobo device.
is there any doc with the recommanded values for the different devices ?

also, I checked some "Manhwa"/webtoon (Korean manga like "solo leveling"), but the images are very "long" and so it is displayed as a very very small picture in the center band of the screen.
is it possible to get a ZOOM option to adapt the image size to the width to take the whole screen, and scroll up/down like in the kobo cbz reader ?
GoldenRatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 09:22 AM   #32
pippobimbo
pippobimbo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigAnk View Post
I just installed the application and I can see it in the launcher menu, but after selecting UltimateMangaReader I get the error "Failed to start application!" (screenshot included).

I am using a Kobo Forma. Any steps I might have missed?

Thanks.

Hi!

Same problem here on my Kobo Forma.
Did you solve the problem?

Thanks
Thierry
pippobimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2020, 11:27 AM   #33
GoldenRatio

I don't know if it can help,
on my forma, I use this "one click" install from
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=314220

and dl the package in the first port link : OCP-KOReader-v2020.08.zip
connect the kobo on usb and run the powershell script to have this installed automatically.
this will linstall koreader and NickelMenu

then DL UltimateMangaReader-kobo-v2.1.1.zip,
and unzip the archive directly in the root of the kobo folder (you should already have a .adds folder after the Koreader install

for kobo format : edit the \.adds\UltimateMangaReader\ultimatemangareader.sh With text editor (like notepad or notepad++)

you should have a line with :
Code:
export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=kobo:touchscreen_rotate=auto:touchscreen_invert_x=auto:touchscreen_invert_y=auto:logicaldpitarget=108
change to

Code:
#export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=kobo:touchscreen_rotate=auto:touchscreen_invert_x=auto:touchscreen_invert_y=auto:logicaldpitarget=108
export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=kobo:touchscreen_rotate=270:touchscreen_invert_x=0:touchscreen_invert_y=0:logicaldpitarget=300
then save, unmount your kobo (eject usb)

the kobo forma will probably take a few second to activate,
reboot
now, you show have a new Menu item "koreader" and "ultimateMangaReader"

my kobo is still on firmware version : 4.21.15015
Old 08-23-2020, 01:26 AM   #34
nuetron
nuetron began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Was anyone able to get this to work on the Kobo Libra H2O? The touch is non-responsive. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
nuetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 12:04 PM   #35
OfficerAction
Connoisseur
OfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuetron View Post
Was anyone able to get this to work on the Kobo Libra H2O? The touch is non-responsive. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Unfortunately touch inputs are still not working for many devices. It's quite frustrating, I only have a KA1 so I cant test it and I don't really know what's going on there.
OfficerAction is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2020, 03:23 AM   #36
nuetron

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerAction View Post
Unfortunately touch inputs are still not working for many devices. It's quite frustrating, I only have a KA1 so I cant test it and I don't really know what's going on there.
Anything we can do to help you test it on a Libra H2O device? Sucks that it does not work.
Old 08-26-2020, 06:08 AM   #37
GoldenRatio

some feedback :
- on a kobo aura, install ok, no need to change anything, works perfectly
- on a kobo forma,install ok, but need to change rotation for touchscreen (touchscreen_rotate=270)
- on a kobo aura HD, install ok, but cannot easily use
need to change touchscreen orientation, but still there is an offset and skew on the X and Y.. some part of the screen cannot be "touched"

on the keyboard (once you click on the search bar, the keyboard shows-up), when you click
on the Z, you get Z,
on the Q, you get 1 (the key just above),
on the M, you get G
on the left arrow, you get _
on the backspace(delete), you get 8

almost 1/4 of the screen (the right part) cannot be "touched"

Last edited by GoldenRatio; 08-26-2020 at 06:11 AM.
Old 09-05-2020, 05:16 PM   #38
kiwilex
kiwilex began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Hi,

First of all thanks for sharing your work.

I'm not an expert in embedded device but I have managed to build the code thanks to the very detailed guide from the github repo to try for my kobo libra h2o

Hardware buttons are managed (so I can do an exit with the power button for the moment) but even if I tried the rotate/invert options touch screen are not well processed.

I have activated qpa logging for events in the shell script with the following exports :
export QT_LOGGING_DEBUG=1
export QT_QPA_EVDEV_DEBUG=1
export QT_LOGGING_RULES="qt.qpa.input*=true"

In the log file the touch event is captured:
qt.qpa.input.events: EV_ABS code 0x3a: pressure 31; bounding to [0,0]

but I need to figure out what are the coordinates. So I will modify the qt code qevdevtouchhandler.cpp to have a better log info. I will also check how it is done in koreader koreader/frontend/device/kobo/device.lua since it seems that there are differences for handling touch (phoenix mode ?).

I will keep investigating
kiwilex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 11:19 AM   #39
nuetron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwilex View Post
Hi,

First of all thanks for sharing your work.

I'm not an expert in embedded device but I have managed to build the code thanks to the very detailed guide from the github repo to try for my kobo libra h2o

Hardware buttons are managed (so I can do an exit with the power button for the moment) but even if I tried the rotate/invert options touch screen are not well processed.

I have activated qpa logging for events in the shell script with the following exports :
export QT_LOGGING_DEBUG=1
export QT_QPA_EVDEV_DEBUG=1
export QT_LOGGING_RULES="qt.qpa.input*=true"

In the log file the touch event is captured:
qt.qpa.input.events: EV_ABS code 0x3a: pressure 31; bounding to [0,0]

but I need to figure out what are the coordinates. So I will modify the qt code qevdevtouchhandler.cpp to have a better log info. I will also check how it is done in koreader koreader/frontend/device/kobo/device.lua since it seems that there are differences for handling touch (phoenix mode ?).

I will keep investigating
Thank you kiwilex, I also have a Libra H2O. If you need a tester, please let me know! Also want to get it working on this device. Thanks.
Old 09-09-2020, 11:37 AM   #40
kiwilex

Thanks nuetron for your proposition.

I had few time and some issue to update qt runtime libs until I get traces for the evdev touch ouput, so my progress is slow.

It appears that the coordinate is correct (the orientation should be flipped from the one shipped in the initial launch script). But no contact point is generated by Qt when the EV_SYN signal is received since nothing happens and there is no trace message generated.

My guess after looking at Koreader touch handling is that there is a special management to have for the EV_SYN that is called snow protocol for the H2O2. It seems that the without it the touch message is not standard. I need some time to figure out what is behind the comment "reset every slot that doesn't appear in the current touch event (because on the H2O2, this is the only way we detect finger-up)".

Perhaps someone passing by might help and give some explanations :-).

Last edited by kiwilex; 09-09-2020 at 11:39 AM.
Old 09-09-2020, 02:19 PM   #41
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I would suggest looking at Plato's input code, it might provide the necessary context.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 10:28 AM   #42
OfficerAction
Connoisseur
OfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuetron View Post
Thank you kiwilex, I also have a Libra H2O. If you need a tester, please let me know! Also want to get it working on this device. Thanks.
I posted a new build that needs some testing in the other thread.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:30 PM   #43
kiwilex

I did not find useful information in Plato. So I look after another way to get information.

So I managed to compile libevdev to get more precise information and replace qevdevtouch from qt platform plugin with a touch event handler using libevdev.

It seems to get correct info (see log below) since when I'm touching on top left corner I got the correct value. Now I have to filter the message since I got multiple times an equivalent touch message and then pass the touch point info to the main widget.

Spoiler:

Event: time not available, type 1 ( EV_KEY ) code 325 ( BTN_TOOL_FINGER ), value 1
Event: time not available, type 1 ( EV_KEY ) code 330 ( BTN_TOUCH ), value 1
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 57 ( ABS_MT_TRACKING_ID ), value 0
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 59 ( ABS_MT_DISTANCE ), value 0
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 53 ( ABS_MT_POSITION_X ), value 108
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 54 ( ABS_MT_POSITION_Y ), value 88
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 58 ( ABS_MT_PRESSURE ), value 33
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 48 ( ABS_MT_TOUCH_MAJOR ), value 0
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 49 ( ABS_MT_TOUCH_MINOR ), value 0
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 52 ( ABS_MT_ORIENTATION ), value 0
Event: time not available, ++++++++++++++++++++ EV_SYN
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 57 ( ABS_MT_TRACKING_ID ), value 0
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 59 ( ABS_MT_DISTANCE ), value 0
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 53 ( ABS_MT_POSITION_X ), value 108
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 54 ( ABS_MT_POSITION_Y ), value 88
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 58 ( ABS_MT_PRESSURE ), value 33
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 48 ( ABS_MT_TOUCH_MAJOR ), value 0
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 49 ( ABS_MT_TOUCH_MINOR ), value 0
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 52 ( ABS_MT_ORIENTATION ), value 0
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 54 ( ABS_MT_POSITION_Y ), value 89
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 58 ( ABS_MT_PRESSURE ), value 34
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 54 ( ABS_MT_POSITION_Y ), value 90
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 58 ( ABS_MT_PRESSURE ), value 36
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 54 ( ABS_MT_POSITION_Y ), value 91
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 58 ( ABS_MT_PRESSURE ), value 37
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 54 ( ABS_MT_POSITION_Y ), value 92
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 58 ( ABS_MT_PRESSURE ), value 37
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 53 ( ABS_MT_POSITION_X ), value 107
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 54 ( ABS_MT_POSITION_Y ), value 92
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 53 ( ABS_MT_POSITION_X ), value 107
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 54 ( ABS_MT_POSITION_Y ), value 93
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 58 ( ABS_MT_PRESSURE ), value 38
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 53 ( ABS_MT_POSITION_X ), value 106
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 54 ( ABS_MT_POSITION_Y ), value 93
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 58 ( ABS_MT_PRESSURE ), value 38
Event: time not available, type 1 ( EV_KEY ) code 330 ( BTN_TOUCH ), value 0
Event: time not available, type 1 ( EV_KEY ) code 325 ( BTN_TOOL_FINGER ), value 0
Event: time not available, type 1 ( EV_KEY ) code 325 ( BTN_TOOL_FINGER ), value 1
Event: time not available, type 1 ( EV_KEY ) code 330 ( BTN_TOUCH ), value 1
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 53 ( ABS_MT_POSITION_X ), value 1619
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 54 ( ABS_MT_POSITION_Y ), value 83
Event: time not available, type 3 ( EV_ABS ) code 58 ( ABS_MT_PRESSURE ), value 20
Old 10-02-2020, 05:09 PM   #44
kiwilex

Finally, I managed to get it working (touch seems ok) for libra H20 with a small hack in the qevhandlertouch implementation.

I have to clean up the code and remove my dependency to libevdev and provide a libkobo.so for qpa for test.
Old 10-03-2020, 03:52 AM   #45
OfficerAction
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwilex View Post
Finally, I managed to get it working (touch seems ok) for libra H20 with a small hack in the qevhandlertouch implementation.

I have to clean up the code and remove my dependency to libevdev and provide a libkobo.so for qpa for test.
Thats great! If you send me your changes I will include them into the bundle.

Tags
app, kobo, kobolauncher, manga, ultimatemangareader