Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #76
jairus
jairus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
This should do it:
http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot...ci=057-00-0501
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwerm View Post
Does anyone happen to have a link to the Target inventory Checker for the Sony 505 light cover? The link quoted on the first page of this thread is for the 505 itself, I believe... i would appreciate if someone knows the link for the cover and could post it. thanks!
jairus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:40 PM   #77
mikemc2
Zealot
mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS-505,Kindle 3,Nook HD+,iPod Touch,Kindle PW2
505 Service Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
Where is the sony service manual for the 505 found? Do you have a link we could peruse?
Service manual is here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26279
mikemc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2009, 01:12 PM   #78
bookwerm
Zealot
bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: B&N Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by jairus View Post
Thanks for the help! If anyone is in the LA area, I went to the North Hollywood store and bought a cover for $16.24 (I think that was the price...$17.82 with taxes and all)! There were still about 5-6 left on the clearance shelf after I bought mine.
bookwerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:16 PM   #79
HaggisMacJedi
Zealot
HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 4, iPhone 4
FYI: Be sure and see the thing with your own eyes first. I checked for the 505 using the aforementioned website and it said it was at a Target in a neighboring city. I called them and asked if they had it (the associate said yes). I then asked simply how much it is. He checked and said $70. I asked him to double check and make sure and he said yes.

So an hour and a half later I'm finally in there, get my hands on the unit, whip out the credit card and to my dismay, the thing rings up at $239!!!! I explain what happened, and all anyone had to say was "I'm sorry, that's how much it is." Even after explaining all the driving I ended up doing, and the conversations, et al, all I got was "sorry".

So anyway, don't even go by what they tell you. Grab the stupid thing, put it to a scanner and see for your own eyes. Apparently the associates can't be trusted over the phone.
HaggisMacJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:32 PM   #80
jairus

Can anyone tell me if these are down to $8.xx?
TIA

057000501 Sony eBook reader Case / Light $32.48
Advert
Old 11-16-2009, 07:40 PM   #81
chainring
Addict
chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650 (black), Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by jairus View Post
Can anyone tell me if these are down to $8.xx?
TIA

057000501 Sony eBook reader Case / Light $32.48
Just picked up one tonight at Target in Little Rock, AR for $16.24 plus tax.
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:05 PM   #82
jairus

Thanks, I think that this is as low as it's going to get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainring View Post
Just picked up one tonight at Target in Little Rock, AR for $16.24 plus tax.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:29 AM   #83
Waba
Groupie
Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, PRS-350/950, HP Touchpad, Kindle Keyboard
To all the people who called,
the deal died with 90%+ certainty when you brought it to the employee's attention.

If there were any readers at sub $80 by calling you ensured that you would not be getting one... First rule of clearance: never, never, never ever call.

Believe me, I worked retail and when such newbs called me all it did was alert me to the deals... Then I'd put sometimes every available unit in the stock room with my name on it and buy it with my employee discount.

Don't call.
Waba is offline   Reply With Quote