Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-30-2007, 12:52 AM   #1
Aybara
Aybara began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Bought a Reader on Friday and I have an issue

When will I overcome the urge to try and navigate by touching the screen?

All my eBook reading prior to this was on a Palm or PocketPC device. And I keep getting the urge to touch the numbers along the sides and such.

I catch myself doing this a lot.

Did anyone else have that urge?
Aybara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:14 AM   #2
flumbo
I got nothin...
flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I was doing that constantly for the first week. All my ereading for the previous 10 years was on palms and ppc.

You'll get over it but still miss it.
flumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2007, 03:30 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I wasn't, because, although my previous Reading was on a Pocket PC, using "uBook" (GREAT bookreader!), its book "navigation" was all done through the Pocket PC's buttons rather the screen, hence no temptation .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:03 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
And here I thought I was the only one... Took me a few days to learn to stop touching the screen.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:07 AM   #5
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
Thats where the Blackberry came in handy I had to fight that urge constantly when I got my Blackberry. By the time I got the Reader, the urge was gone.
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2007, 10:54 AM   #6
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Yep, same problem here! I haven't done it in quite a while, but I'm sure I'll do it again.

It's kind of like using my badge to enter my workplace. We had outside badge readers for years. Now they are inside the outer set of doors and the old outside reader is only for handicap access. But as I walk up to the building, if I have something else on my mind, I still automatically swipe the outside badge reader. I do this frequently and never seem to learn.

It "invites" me to swipe my badge, just like the Reader invites me to touch the screen menus. Or like a first baseman holding his glove out after the infielder scoops up a ground ball. (Yep, I've thrown to first base because of that, to my own humiliation, when I should have thrown to second base!)

Hmmm. Sometimes I really have to wonder if a level of intelligence actually does reside within my head!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote