Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 07-09-2008, 01:29 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
MR Reader Meetup in Paris on Friday, July 18th

I am happy to announce our very first MobileRead reader meetup -- right in the heart of Paris. Thanks to Zelda who has been planning the meetup! Tebaldo is already coming, and so is MobileRead editor and Feedbooks mastermind Hadrien.

Here's the scoop:

Friday, July 18th @ 7pm

La Fontaine
33 Rue Juliette Dodu
75010 Paris
(01 424 536 27‎)

Google Maps

Please tell us that you're thinking about coming, or our egos will be mercilessly permanently wounded, ok? And prepare for an insane amount of geekery!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:33 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I tried to get driving directions from Google Maps, but it told me it couldn't calculate them. Hmmm?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2008, 01:42 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Hey, not much notice! What if I wanted to fly in from California!

j/k Have fun and take pics.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:04 PM   #4
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
I am thinking of coming, but sadly that is about as far as I will get.

Paris in July with my Sony 505!

It is such a good dream.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:07 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Google Maps

Please tell us that you're thinking about coming, or our egos will be mercilessly permanently wounded, ok? And prepare for an insane amount of geekery!
INSANE amount of geekery !!! absolutely. and he's right about the wounded egos as well. sheesh.

just so you know, the little arrow on the google map is not *quite* accurate (which is a crushing disappointment : google maps, fallible ???? what ????). the bar is actually on the corner of the rue Juliette Dodu and the rue de la Grange aux Belles (this corner is visible on the map. it's only 3 doors further). but if you can find the place marked by the arrow, i'm sure you can find the bar as well.

(of course, i won't tell you that the only reason i want to organise this is purely self-interested... i just cannot wait any longer to see e-ink in person. and besides whatever different liseuses will accompany the MR members, tebaldo works on e-ink projects and has many prototypes to show off...)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2008, 02:11 PM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Have we already thought of a time that would/could work best for most who'll join?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:14 PM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Perhaps we should start planning a meetup in the US.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:36 PM   #8
JackieFrost
Banned
JackieFrost began at the beginning.

Device: Plain old Laptop!
sound great! keep us posted for those of us who are further away than central europe (athens, greece) and have a great time...
JackieFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:40 PM   #9
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Hey, not much notice! What if I wanted to fly in from California!

j/k Have fun and take pics.
Yes! Pictures please for those of us too far away (well not as far as some down under).
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:45 PM   #10
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I wish husband and I could be there! If y'all are the same in person as you are in electronic, then it will be a blast!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:47 PM   #11
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
INSANE amount of geekery !!! absolutely. and he's right about the wounded egos as well. sheesh.

just so you know, the little arrow on the google map is not *quite* accurate (which is a crushing disappointment : google maps, fallible ???? what ????). the bar is actually on the corner of the rue Juliette Dodu and the rue de la Grange aux Belles (this corner is visible on the map. it's only 3 doors further). but if you can find the place marked by the arrow, i'm sure you can find the bar as well.

(of course, i won't tell you that the only reason i want to organise this is purely self-interested... i just cannot wait any longer to see e-ink in person. and besides whatever different liseuses will accompany the MR members, tebaldo works on e-ink projects and has many prototypes to show off...)
I was wondering why you were having a meeting in the middle of a street. True, the map does not show any cars driving on it, but those crazy foreign drivers may just make the decision...

I am thinking very strongly about making an appearance. Unfortunately, my Mapquest directions tells me to swim across the Atlantic, and I get such terrible swimmers ear...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:48 PM   #12
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Oh, and could we have VR translate those posts for us, please?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:48 PM   #13
JAdams
SamIam
JAdams doesn't litterJAdams doesn't litterJAdams doesn't litter

Device: iPad, K3, Kindle PW, Kindle Fire HDX
I can't believe it, I'll actually be in Paris that day (but with a tour group).
Maybe we can do a little side trip...
JAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:52 PM   #14
andinho
Enthusiast
andinho began at the beginning.

Device: Fujitsu Siemens Stylistic 5011D, PocketLoox 720, Sony PRS 505
I passed your hometown very closely last sunday, Alex. But I think I won't be able to make another trip next weekend.
Andi
andinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:57 PM   #15
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Have we already thought of a time that would/could work best for most who'll join?
well, i was thinking of an apéro, so around 7 in the evening. so people have time to get there, after work. but other suggestions would be fine. it could be earlier / later than that. i'll add the time to the french thread and see what people say. nikopass signed up just to say he will be coming with a friend ! it was his first post ! we feel honored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Perhaps we should start planning a meetup in the US.
i think you should. the majority of you seem to be in texas already, so it shouldn't be too hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I was wondering why you were having a meeting in the middle of a street. True, the map does not show any cars driving on it, but those crazy foreign drivers may just make the decision...

I am thinking very strongly about making an appearance. Unfortunately, my Mapquest directions tells me to swim across the Atlantic, and I get such terrible swimmers ear...
you know, you can get special earplugs for that now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Oh, and could we have VR translate those posts for us, please?
oh yes PLEASE !!!!! where is he ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAdams View Post
I can't believe it, I'll actually be in Paris that day (but with a tour group).
Maybe we can do a little side trip...
ok, but the rule is, everyone has to bring a liseuse !! otherwise we don't let you have any drinks.

but then we might have to find a new bar. la Fontaine is pretty small.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apéro, duck!, meetup, mobileread, paris